Pics with my new dslr! Critique please!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Toallhisdoom, Mar 7, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

All manual, was not using auto focus. Any experts that can give me some tips? lol

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Toallhisdoom

A few more

Attached Files:

4. Fernando77

Fernando77 Astrea Snail

They look great...keep posting!

5. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

I can see you are a bit out of focus on some of your shots, but that happens all the time if you arent using auto focus or arent overly familiar with the lens you are working with. What ISO did you shoot this at? Also, are you shooting in RAW format? Overall Id say it looks real nice for first time playing around. Good job man!

<---- Looks good to me. Ahaha.

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I think they look great!

7. Toallhisdoom

Uhhh...iso? how do I know if i am shooting in raw? lol

8. Click Here!

9. Toallhisdoom

Ok here are some more I just snapped! lol

Attached Files:

10. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Ahh. ISO is a preset number that defines the sensor's sensitivity to light. A lower ISO, like 100 or 200 for example, will be generally sharper but only good for high light settings. A high ISO like 800 and up is good for low light settings but will often times have a grainy look depending on exposure. Read up on ISO here....

ISO Settings in Digital Photography - Digital Photography School

Also, what was your shutter speed when you were taking these shots? Raw format is the largest file type the camera can deal with. So you will be getting the highest resolution. Shoot in raw, shoot in as low of an ISO as possible. But it sounds like you need to do some reading on photography first. lol Im sure you will like it though, even just skimming a couple articles could really help.

11. Toallhisdoom

Yea I know nothing of what you just said. Have never read anything or taken any classes. LOL just figured I could try it out and end up decent enough at it. I was thinking turning my shutter speed up would be good because everything moves so fast in the tank... right?

And turning iso down because high light from the LEDS.

12. Toallhisdoom

So in auto mode, not auto focus, the pics come out nice and colors look as your eye would see them. But in M, A, S, P modes they are just blue.

Gonna go look over the manual see what these modes are. They are deff NOT good for aquarium pics lol