pics of sump/filtration

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by da colts, Jun 26, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Doh, I see that in your sig now. Is that the only modification you have on the skimmer?

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Hey that all looks GREAT :eek:
    I am jealous....only have room to set up my 60 gallon....

Thanks for posting the pic of the Berlin skimmer, as that is what I have from before....and am planning to use again...the LFS that sold it to me some years ago told me that its crap and I should buy a new skimmer :( >:(
    NOT buying a new one...I will upgrade the pump....and now with confidence...yours looks disgusting ;D.....that's a good thing.! The tank is absolutely beatiful.....

4. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks guys, the only other mod i have made is putting a larger diameter air hose on the venturi. I cut a small piece of the reg hose that came with the skimmer(about 3/8 of an inch) and placed it over the venturi nipple because the larger hose doesn't fit snug. other than that it's stock except for the pump(and i stress that if you have a berlin go for the bigger pump don't use the berlin pump upgrade, get a surge 6000 or something that pumps about the same,(970 gph).

5. da colts

da colts Skunk Shrimp

by the way, i did take the existing out put nipples off and change them out with loc line(that flexible return that comes with aga drilled tanks) but i only did that last night so i don't know if it will have an effect one way or the other, i can direct the out flow now and i can scoot the skimmer a little closer to the wet dri box(sometimes that extra inch can mean a lot) here is a pic of my pagoda coral.grew from about 5 inches across to 8 inches and polyps cover the the entire piece.

6. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Thanks for the info on the skimmer ;D
    That coral is most righteous , dude 8) [smiley=afro.gif] [smiley=smoking.gif] [smiley=thumbs_up.gif]

7. seawillow

seawillow Coral Banded Shrimp

nice looking tank...thanks for sharing, it's always cool to see everyone elses set-up!

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=da colts link=board=General;num=1088303689;start=0#12 date=06/27/04 at 04:27:35]thanks guys, the only other mod i have made is putting a larger diameter air hose on the venturi. I cut a small piece of the reg hose that came with the skimmer(about 3/8 of an inch) and placed it over the venturi nipple because the larger hose doesn't fit snug. other than that it's stock except for the pump(and i stress that if you have a berlin go for the bigger pump don't use the berlin pump upgrade, get a surge 6000 or something that pumps about the same,(970 gph).[/quote]

That's one to remember, people are always wanting to trick that skimmer out. Seems to be the same probs with the pump and venturi. The skimmer itself is a nice design. Your fix is easy. Thanks man! :)

10. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

All I can say is WOW! Beautiful reef set up!