pics of rubbermaid sump for a 90 gallon

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by skennelly, Apr 12, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. skennelly

skennelly Coral Banded Shrimp

I have a 90 gallon tank 48 x 18 x 24, I'm looking to build a sump and refugium from rubbermaid containers. Problem is I am having a hard time finding a good size container that also fits in my stand. Most of the containers I find are too wide, length isnt' an issue.

who has pictures of their 90 gallons with rubbermaid sumps and refugiums. And what size containers are they.

Thanks
    Sean

2. Click Here!

3. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

Make sure you get a rubbermaid tub with the recycle triangle with the #5.  That means its made of polypropylene which is corrosion resistant to sea water.  I've been looking at these tubs and have researched which type of plastics hold up the best to salt or sea water.  The #4 recycle are made up of high density polyethylene and can be used as well but are not quite as sturdy.  Rubbermaid has a 50g roughneck tote that is 42" long and 18" wide by 16.5" tall.  Also check out the Sterilite brand of tubs.  Both can be found at Target stores.  You might also want to consider buying a marine grade ice cooler by coleman or igloo and using this as a sump.  www.coleman.com,  they are study and the sides wont bow out from the water pressure.