(Pics)I got FREE SPS Frags today!

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by HollyG, May 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. HollyG

HollyG Teardrop Maxima Clam

Thanks eveeyone!! I actually am ending up selling 2 sps that was already in the tank. And 2 of the least nicest ones.
    3 of them are acro mille, one is an ora green birdsnest I think, one is a monti cap, monti digi, pink birdsnest, and 2 acros I dont know what they are. I'll post pictures of them all opened up tomorrow. The acro mille were the first to open. One is like a pinky orange and the other is a dark redish brown and other is an ugly light brown (one I am selling lol). I already have a green and pink mille... They look sooo nice! The one that looks like an ORA green birdsnest is soooooo pretty. It's either a birdsnest or a stylo, but the growth pattern looks identicle to a birdsnest, so I am pretty sure that's what it is :p

2. Click Here!

3. HollyG

Thanks! I am still looking into what kind of zoas.. Ill google it. Thanks! :D

4. HollyG

Ok. Got some pictures of them all opened up :) Everything looks happy!
    Needless to say, my tank is now an sps dominated tank! :p
    Lunar Eclipse Zoanthids. Looks quite faded to me though, maybe they will get their color back with the lighting I have.
    001 (800x671).jpg

Green Montipora Capricornis
    006 (800x554).jpg

Pink Acropora Millepora. I love this one. He look beautiful sitting next to my green acro mille!
    011 (794x800).jpg

This guy I think may possibly be considered "red". Another Acro Mille.
    016 (800x614).jpg

Pink Birdsnest, but this one is darker than my other pink birdsnest.
    027 (800x602).jpg

5. HollyG

The next 2 I am not 100% sure what they are but I have an idea.

This one I think is an ORA Green Birdsnest. I don't think it's Poccillopora or a Stylo because the growth pattern looks identical to a birdsnest to me. What do you guys think?
    018 (800x534).jpg

This looks similar to a Red Planet but there is no red. I hear in low lighting conditions Red Planets will turn all green and the previous reefer had it under only a dual T5HO fixture. So, maybe in a few weeks I may see some red start appearing? It's set as high to my lighting as I could get it. You guys have any idea what it is?
    021 (800x615).jpg

Green Montipora Digitata
    024 (800x680).jpg

6. newe70

newe70 Astrea Snail

Niiiice sps...would it be possible to take a picture of your whole dt? Thx.

7. HollyG

Here ya go! :p
    sd' 006 (800x486).jpg

8. Click Here!

9. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

The first is a birdsnest for sure; no doubt. The second might be a RP; time will tell. The structure looks right at least.

10. HollyG

Yea, I was pretty set on the first being a birdsnest. I've seen many pictures and always wanted one :p So when I saw my buddy put that one in the bag I was like OMG! Same with the pink and red mille... I had been looking for a mille in those colors so I was excited for those too!
    I know what you mean about the one possibly being a RP. I looked them up and it does look VERY similar in the structure. Then I read that they will turn all green in lower lighting, which made sence to me knowing what he had these frags under. I put it up on my highest rock. It's about 10" away from my 4x24w T5HO+ 2 LED strips. I'm just hoping it's close enough for it to color up if it is indeed a RP. I suppose you are right, only time will tell.

11. dimpthepimp

dimpthepimp Bristle Worm

12. ihigh

ihigh Astrea Snail

congrats on the freebies! :( such a nice friend you got there, mind sharing? haha