Pickles Clowns

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by Pickle010, May 14, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

I had a hard time keeping up with that little one.

2. Click Here!

3. xjaydub20x

xjaydub20x Feather Duster

Very nice! I'll jump in line behind Starfish.

4. blackreef13

blackreef13 Coral Banded Shrimp

Wlecome you should sell your clowns over the 3reef market :)

5. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

very cool designs on the clowns! what characteristics are you trying to introduce next?

And have you ever seen Sanjay's Photon clowns?

6. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

Thanks - in due time I may offer some here. I just have so many buyers waiting locally that it may be a while before I can start shipping.

I know they are amazing - I was really bummed to hear that he lost the male from that pairing that was producing those clowns. I'm sure he'll have more available once he finds a suitable replacement.

I don't know how much I'm going to stray from the traditional clowns - I've seen some pretty crazy hybrid pairings and to be honest I'm not a huge fan of some of them.

I will be bringing in some darwins and pairing snows with them and I have some nice clowns in my brood stock that have yet to start producing for me. They are just too young. I have some percs, some picasso's and one of my favorites is my fancy white.

Eventually I'd like to get a pair of wyoming whites but that will be down the road. I do have a friend that breeds them so it probably wont be too far off. Right now I just have to pace myself as I don't want to run out of room or overcrowd my grow out system - I'm currently sitting on about 600 babies with a hatch tonight and I'm contemplating hatching out about 500 GSM's tomorrow night. (I have a seperate system for growing them out)

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Did you ever set up that big breeding structure you got about 8 months back?

8. Click Here!

9. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

I might have a tank up and running by the time you are offering these guys to 3reefers.

10. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

Did I ever! That's my grow out system right now. I promote them up levels as they grow and as they reach the top level they are ready for sale.

Well I certainly hope so! I don't know how much experience you have but you will certainly want to make sure that tank is up and stable before you go off and purchase any higher end stock for it.

11. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

Had a strong hatch last night - 100% off the eggs hatched. Once again I juts proved to myself that you can't slack on feeding the brood stock. You don't have to over do it but 3 good meals a day is critical.

12. Tropical Addict

Tropical Addict Bubble Tip Anemone

Congrats! If you can post some pics. :) After taking your 3 meal a day advice we had a LOT more egg's hatch.