Pickles Clowns

Discussion in 'Breeding Tropical Fish' started by Pickle010, May 14, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tropical Addict

Tropical Addict Bubble Tip Anemone

Your new pair look great!!! How long do you think it will take them to lay?

2. Click Here!

3. xjaydub20x

xjaydub20x Feather Duster

Beautiful new pair! Congrats on finding homes for all of your first babies.

4. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

Thanks - Moving a laying pair can really disrupt their laying cycle - My GSM's took three weeks. I hope these guys do just as well, but I would be stoked if they start up again in the next two months.

Thanks - It's wierd looking at the empty tank they where all in.

5. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

Huray for the Petco $1 per gallon sale! Picked up 4 20L's and 2 40 breeders this morning - now the fun starts!

6. reefed

reefed Plankton

Wow, those snows are really cool. Are they harder to care for than false percs?

7. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

Not at all... tank bred clowns are easier to raise and keep - since they are born and raised in tanks they aren't stressed about being in tanks and they haven't been subjected to the same parasites or bacteria that you would find in the wild.

8. Click Here!

9. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

Just 9 days after bring home that pair of true percs they are already laying for me. I've been watching them lay this a for the last 30 minutes or so.

I'm really surprised - I expected that it would take a month or two to get them going.

Just this morning I was telling my son that I though she would lay soon. She was looking really fat but I could not see her depositor. Sure enough though, just a couple of hours later!

10. xjaydub20x

xjaydub20x Feather Duster

That is awesome!! Sounds like they didn't miss a beat.

How are you guys handling this heat up there? It's been around 110 here the past few days and it's been hard keeping our tanks at the right temp.

11. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

Central air conditioning - luckily my house is just a couple of years old and very efficient - I don't have to dial it down low at all and it stays pretty cool. What stinks is my fish room faces West so in the late afternoon it's been warming up. My tree's outside are still way too young to make any difference at all.

My wife did pick up some heat resistant curtains at Lowes the other day. We are going to put those up and see if it helps.

Even though the temp is only getting to 82 or so in the grow out and my brood stock tanks are still sitting stable.

12. Pickle010

Pickle010 Spaghetti Worm

Had a good hatch from my true percs - all of the eggs hatched and are now 4 dph and active. They are hitting the A pretty hard.