picasso clowns

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by mastamind360, Jun 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mastamind360

mastamind360 Astrea Snail

I have 2 tanks. I recently got a mated pair of picasso clowns and placed them in the 40. There is a yellow belly hippo on that tank as well (I grew it from the size of a dime to 3 inches, he was a stow away on a piece of live rock) anyway I want to move the hippo and the clowns into my main display and some of the fish in my main into the 40 but I'm scared to mess w success. You see I have not had a hippo survive longer than a week until this guy and I'm scared the move will b his downfall. Also the picasso set me back 400 dollars and they are doing well in the 40. I know the hippo will need more space soon, but it'll break my heart to lose him. Also I have corals and inverts in my main so I cannot copper treat in case of ich which I can do in the 40. Ugh someone tell me what they think I should do...

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

I would move the hippo and leave the clowns - they will be fine in the 40 IMO
    Its only the hippo that could have issues , and if you use a slow drip acclimatise method and there is nothing in the larger tank that will stress it, you should be OK, and you can always work with the more natural remedies to prevent parasites- Garlic enhanced food stuffs, vitamins, Selcon etc

if you want your clowns to breed, left alone in the 40, seems like a good way to try and get this to happen

Steve