pic of my tank - new stick pic

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by oldfishkeeper, Mar 19, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Did I miss an updated FTS- hint, hint

;-)

DSC reef likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I'll get one in a couple of minutes but remember - I've been struggling with the algae I'll get a close up of. Any help IDing will be appreciated!

posts are below - my photography skills really stink. I tried to get a close up of the algae but it doesn't really show up. I'll see if I can talk hubby into taking a macro shot with his camera.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  5. oldfishkeeper

6. cody3819

cody3819 Bubble Tip Anemone

Nice OFK. Looking good buddy.

7. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

The algae is not that bad mindy. That's what I struggled with for about a year until finally it stopped growing. I would scrub it off with a toothbrush. I make it a point to blow off my rocks daily with a baster and now that my biopellets are fully kicked in plus gfo, my nutrients are well exported. It takes a while but stay diligent. Tank is looking really good. So where do you get the purple plaster from??? Lol

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Looks good Mindy. Since you do not have a lot of corals that can get knocked down you might want to think about a pin stripped urchin.

10. oldfishkeeper

hey girl! I do have an urchin in there - would 2 be too much? I really like inverts :)

cody3819 likes this.
  11. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Hi Mindy,

What type of urchin?. A pin stripped is going to help keep the coralline in check and probably eat those small tuffs of algae, but I would be hesitant to add a second if your current urchin is also a coralline or other algae eater.

12. oldfishkeeper

I don't think my current urchin is much of a coralline eater :) I'll go check and figure out what kind it is....it's black with long spines but I don't believe it's a long-spine - sounds logical I know lol

update - it's a short spine urchin so that really makes me look like I know nothing

cody3819 and DSC reef like this.