PIC of my new FrogSpawn

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by baugherb, Apr 11, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Pisces23

Pisces23 Sea Dragon

Do you (or anyone else) have a good resource on the basics of retro kits? I've heard them mentioned so many times, but I haven't had the chance to read and study their specifics.

2. Click Here!

3. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

I'm getting mine from nanotuners.com.. You would have to make a hood for it to work.... Look under DIY lighting...
    nanotuners

4. Pisces23

Pisces23 Sea Dragon

I guess that's the real question: How do you know what kind of hood you need to construct so as not to a) boil your tank or b) ignite your hood (and home)???

5. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

I used whatever I had laying around the house LOL!!!!.... I started with my lights high off of the tank and watched the temp.. I kept lowering my hood until I started noticing my tank running at a temp I was comfortable with.... I hope I'm making sense... I'm starting to confuse myself....

6. nemo1991

nemo1991 Millepora

i want one of these!

7. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:eek: Good Lord that's highway robbery! You need to take a trip up here for better prices!

10. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Hey Pisces23... my frogspawn has 2 heads on it, so when it gets a little bigger (which shouldn't be too long) and when I learn how to frag it - we can do some trading. My frogspawn was $30, and I hear ya on the Ct gas prices.