Phosphate Media

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Dyonopses1, Dec 12, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jbraslins

jbraslins Teardrop Maxima Clam

I've been using Seachem's PhosGuard. Seems to work pretty well. I mix it with Seachem's Matrix Carbon and put it in the same sock in my HOB filter.

Sorry, I am not sure if it's as cost effective as you'd like.

2. Click Here!

3. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Both of those products are undoubtedly based on lanthanum chloride, but both are watered down. I'd imagine you'd see the same reaction from your fish if you dosed more of the Brightwell product; it's likely just diluted more.

4. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

this could be a possibility,and would no way rule it out, i did follow directions on both products. when i was doing dosing all at once once a day.
    brightwells did call for more product than the thrive. but did not cause the reaction of the fish breathing heavy and did lower the phosphates.

if they are the same product in them, im guessing the way im running it now is best. i just dropped the dosing to 3 times a day at 1ml 3ml a day total.
    i have read of people dripping the product after its diluted with water . but thats from those using the pool chemical. not those using brightwells or thrive

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013