Philly Here! New 75Gallon Setup - Help?

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by ItalianNJ, Feb 9, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Michaelr5

Michaelr5 Coral Banded Shrimp

Yep, I got a few of them myself. As far as the slime, a lot of others pull the rock out long enough to use a soft toothbrush. To avoid disturbing the rock, I, personally, have a piece of stiff airline tubing that I connect to a 1/2" hose that siphons into the felt filter bag in my sump. the suction is enough to pick off loose debris, and wayward sand without disturbing the surroundings.

Mike

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Welcome, welcome, welcome! How about some pictures, eh?

4. ItalianNJ

ItalianNJ Astrea Snail

Posted! Click on my camera!

5. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

6. Adnuces

Adnuces Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Make sure those small little dusters aren't aiptasia which are a type of anenome that are considered a pest. The best method to get rid of them is to add a few peppermint shrimp and they will eat them. Just make sure you get a true peppermint as some are sold as such and are really camel back shrimp. Looks good though, I bet you can't wait to get some fish and corals in there. I know I couldn't and I have only been stocking my tank a small bit at a time......I had problems with blue/green chromis that I thought would be good first fish....big mistake they terrirtoralized the whole tank and attacked anything added after. I had to return them to the lfs ......after trying to catch them in a tank full of rock. many very funny stories on how best to rid our tank of these pests...Good luck and welcome!

7. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

Welcome. I love the color of the stand you got me wanting to sand mine down and refinish it. I am building a new canopy this weekend I might have to get some darker stain like that. I have the same issue you were talking about the heat from the lights I am going to add two new computer fans in there. I have three MH 175 watt but they are too close to the water for me so will build a taller canopy and add them fans.