Philly Here! New 75Gallon Setup - Help?

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by ItalianNJ, Feb 9, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ItalianNJ

ItalianNJ Astrea Snail

Thanks! I do have the basic test kit and actually tested last night. Both Ammonia and Nitrite is at 0, didnt test Nitrate yet. The PH is between 8.2 and 8.4 right in between. The tank has been running for about 2 weeks now.
    there are 2 damsels in there.. plus the live rock. Thoughts?

2. Click Here!

3. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

The Damsels that are in your tank now, are aggressive. They will not like the addition of the clown fish. I agree with Mike, wait another month before adding fish. And if you really don't care about the damsels, get rid of them now before you have to tear the tank apart to get at them later :(
    http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUA-AQUARIUM-1...itemZ4439162944QQcategoryZ20684QQcmdZViewItem
    Here is one of many ebay links to an ro/di filter. I am not promoting this guy, but I did buy the unit.
    4 x 65 watts is MUCHO better than 2 x 65 watts. You will be limited to lps corals which is not the end of the world. There are some very beautiful ones. :)

Jim

4. ItalianNJ

ItalianNJ Astrea Snail

Great- I will not worry about replacing the light right now, I will wait a while.
    I dont care about the damsels. I have no problems waiting another month to add anything. I guess I should add cleaners first? (snails, etc?)

Has anyone had any ideas on the skimmer?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  5. ItalianNJ

ItalianNJ Astrea Snail

LIttle Bubbles

How do I reduce the little bubble caused by the protein skimmer? It does have a foam round thing on the end, I assume to curve this.. although the water level is just above the bottom of that.. could that be a problem?

6. Michaelr5

Michaelr5 Coral Banded Shrimp

This is the RO/DI unit I bought. I like it and have had no problems at all. I like the fact that he sends you an extra set of all the filters except the membrane (which should last a few years anyway). Would have posted this earlier, but had to get home to dig it up!

RO/DI unit Devoneb

Mike

7. ItalianNJ

ItalianNJ Astrea Snail

Wow looks good for the price! I think I am going to go ahead and purchase that one. I think I can make due in my laundry room.

8. Click Here!

9. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

10. ItalianNJ

ItalianNJ Astrea Snail

Well, I probably have about 100 by now, although I will get more since I want to finish aquascaping.. its just that its the $$$ thats killing me!
    That one looks good as well. Thanks for everyone's help!

Clifton huh? I used to live in Morris Plains, and I LOVED the store on Rt 46, I think Absolutely Fish? Not sure.. its down your way!

11. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

There is a guy in south jersey that sells the rock at $4 a pound.If i find it i will post his site. That store is very nice but the are very pricey. Here it is http://www.seatrademarine.com/

12. ItalianNJ

ItalianNJ Astrea Snail

I dont see the address anywhere.. hmm Is it only an online store?