Phase 1 of 3reef Upgrade Complete

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 27, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

2. The edit button immediately takes you to the advanced editing feature instead of the quick edit.
    I am not sure if that's what you wanted or not.

Jim

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Jim,

I hope he did it on purpose. I hate it when I see people edit their posts and change content at a much later time without telling what they changed. This edit encourages people to tell why they edited their post. Anytime I make any substantial change to my posts (other than correcting a mis-spelled word) I like to highlight the changes.

Matt,

While 3Reef Home (or even hitting the back button) no longer gives me an error message, it is no longer going to the portal. It is going to the Forums list.

4. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

Matt I also am seeing the 3Reef Home page error where no matter what one you hit it brings you to the 3reef/forums page.
    I tried your trick and that did not work as well.

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks. I think I fixed it (again). :)
    Are some of the smilies blue for you guys? (A few of mine are, like wink.)

6. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Exactly.
    I think I just squashed those if you do a shift-key/refresh.

I've got a lot of work to do this weekend here and there.
    Thank you for your patience. ;)

EDIT - I'VE FOUND THE RIGHT STACK OF HAY WITH THE MULTI-QUOTE BUG - NOW I JUST HAVE TO FIND THE NEEDLE.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

This is related to the multi-quote bug. Whatever is causing both of them is found in the same chunk of modified code. When I change it back to the original, it fixes both of them. I'll just need to sift through that code this weekend. I isolated them this evening. Knowing where to look is the hard part, so I feel better about it now.

(Curt - I agree with the editing comment you made, however I did notice that the 'reason for edit' box is in the quick-reply box now.)

10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

When I try to post a quick reply, I get logged out and get the following message:

"You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again"

This does not happen when I "Go Advanced."

I do not choose the "remember me" option when I log in from home but I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not?

EDIT - THREAD CONTINUED IN THE PHASE 2 THREAD HERE:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/3reef-f...e-2-3reef-upgrade-note-changes-38257-new.html

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.