PharmrJohn's 90g Thread

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by PharmrJohn, Sep 19, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Well, got a few things from the LFS. A clam of unknown type (ya'll get to ID later. Very nice blue coloration. Just what I was looking for. To tell the truth, I don't care what kind it is......well, I prefer non-maxima....but that is OK. If I have to get rid of it at a later date fine.

Also, I got a Mandarin Goby. Been waiting for my tank to turn a year old. Restocked with the fuge with copepods. Should be a very cool thing.

Pics to come. Acclimating now.

2. Click Here!

3. shipbear

shipbear Bubble Tip Anemone

Man, that is a nice build..!!!!
    Going to be beautiful...

Later, Larry

4. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

Ahhhhh!!! John, that is one marvelous looking tank. See what T5's can do? This is just more of a reason why people should go with T5's...I love them!!

I was thinking about trading in my lawnmower blenny for a mandarin of some sorts, something "colorful". What made you know if you were okay for a mandarin?

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Just taking a chance on this one. I was waiting for the magic year mark to roll around. Wanted my tank mature. I have seeded it twice with copepods. A third time today.

I think it will do well if it just stands up for itself. My eight line wrasse is thrashing on it. Given the choice, I would choose the mandarin. The 8-L better be careful.......

6. monakis

monakis Plankton

So why paint the back of the tank?

7. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

it makes it easier to hide things behind it, plus it kind of gives it a different aspect when viewing from the front, my nano has a black back on it but my 90 has a clear back, wish I'd have painted it when I had it out from the wall

8. Click Here!

9. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Great looking T5 light combination. :thumb_up: Good choice of bulbs!

[​IMG]

10. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

So I have been working on the tank a bit. Did a 30% WC about 10 days ago. Doing another 30% tomorrow. Denitrator has been acting up. Turned it off for a few weeks and just started the drip again. We'll see if it turns around in terms of functionality. Otherwise, I am going to WC until the nitrates are an acceptable level, buy some more chaeto and go from there.

Purchased a Mandarin the other week but I never got a chance to take a good pic of it. The 8-line and yellow damsel tore it up. My yellow damsel could give your SD a run for it's money Jason. I dare say. I know, I am asking for it!!!

Took about half the rock out and cleaned off the cyano and hair algae off of it. Added about 14 lbs more LR tonight. I have two new coral additions. A brain and a plate coral. I normally don't gravitate toward plate corals, but this one was very nice. And it was Father's day. Yup....I will use any excuse I can ::);D. So here are some pics.

New Brain

[​IMG]

New Plate....

[​IMG]

Just another shot.....The zoa rock has become so populated that fragging is now necessary. The large zoas are cramped to a point that they cannot fully open. As long as I keep Nori in the tank, the CB will not bother it.

[​IMG]

The Maxima Clam. It is doing well......

[​IMG]

Quadrant shot.....

[​IMG]

Angle shot.....

[​IMG]

Now here are two shots. The first is a few weeks after I set up the tank initially. I may have had a few damsels in there that are not visible. It was a 75g tank with 4x65W Jebo PCs, a maxijet 1200 for flow in the DT and a Jebo 180 in the sump. I also had a filter sock in there. I did not know you had to wash it. It was very dirty.

[​IMG]

A year or so later......

[​IMG]

Things do change quickly, do they not!!!!;D;D;D;D

BTW, all things Jebo are gone. Thank the Lord......

11. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Really glad to see the apple still making it. (If that's it in the front left.)

12. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

nice update PharmrJohn
    looks excellent , like the brain and plate corals

Steve