PharmrJohn's 90g Thread

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by PharmrJohn, Sep 19, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Testing

More testing.....

dKh: 11
    Ca: 450
    Mg: 1560

Added bicarb
    Added Ca

Will retest later when all is mixed together. Did major feeding today. Fed the bubble coral a little meat, the anenome also.....In fact, I fed it, then fed the fish. When I fed the fish, the clown brought back a bunch more food for her host. So, in essence, the condy was waaaaaay overfed today. The Scondy refused food. The wrasse took one piece for itself, I took the other and gave it to the bubble coral. Just experimenting here a little bit with feeding the corals. My lights are sooooo poor, I worry about them.

2. Click Here!

3. bbsbliss

bbsbliss Ritteri Anemone

Morning John- just wondering how the sea apple is doing?

4. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Doing great. Has held it's same position for the last week or week and a half now. It seemed annoyed the other day when a large HC wouldn't get off it's back. That's about it. Otherwise, it is just hangin' with it's posse in it's crib, yo.

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Just got caught up on the build thread and the tank looks great. Our LFS has had a Sea Apple for about 3 months now and no one has bought it yet, guess they are too scared.

Hey I noticed that you post parameters a bunch. I use this site Tank Profiler - fish tank monitoring made easy! as it was started by a member here on 3reef. Easy way to keep track of stuff and you can download it to Excel if you want.

6. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Testing

Thanks Scott, I signed up......haven't done anything with it yet, but will be able to compile my information rather easily I presume. Should be fun;D.

As of yesterday.....for the record

dKh: 10.5
    Ca: 430
    Mg: 1490

Added enough bicarb to raise dKh to 12. Added enough Mg to raise levels to about 1520. Added enough Ca to raise to about 450.

Today, I added more bicarb, Ca and Mg. Will do testing tomorrow morning before work.

Snails from reefcleaners are doing well and beginning to wake up fully. They were added into the tank on 12/5/08. I put about 150 dwarf ceriths and 45 florida ceriths in the 90g and about 20 DC and 5 FC in my 10g nano.

7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Yeah::), they are not all that bad. Just keep them away from things that want to eat them and no problem. They don't even move much. Mine has explored an area the size of my hand in the space of, what, four weeks or so. It does look purrrrrdy.

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I'll check that out too. Are there graphs for your measurements? I'd like to see a line graph...

10. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

That apple looks insane john. Brave man you are.

11. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Oh, they are not that bad!!!!!;D Actually, the only way it will go postal is if it is attacked. In a reef type setting, the fish population is such that mellowness is a rule with few exceptions. Honestly, I think they are given a bad rap. Now watch, it is going to kill my tank tomorrow!!!!!;D;D;D

More pics later tonight......I am going to decorate the Christmas tree now. Got kind of a late start this year, but that is OK. Better late than never.

12. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

Nice sea apple! Looks really interesting. By the way nice tank and setup and good job documenting the upgrade (had to read a couple of pages ;D)