PFO Lighting

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Jason McKenzie, Apr 18, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

What PFO system did you go with?

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Features:
    -175-400W Mogul Base Lamps[glow=green, 2, 300]( 250W )[/glow]
    -VHO or Compact Fluorescent Bulbs [glow=green, 2, 300]( VHO )[/glow]
    -Tempered Glass Lens
    -95% reflective Reflector focus's light into the tank.
    -All Ballasts External
    -1 or [glow=green, 2, 300]2[/glow] 4" Fans Either PFO standard or [glow=green, 2, 300]IceCap Adjustable Speed[/glow]-Ice Cap HQI Electronic Metal Halide or PFO Magnetic Metal Halide Ballasts
    -PFO Electronic Fluorescent Ballast or Ice Cap 430/660
    -7.5" High, 12.25"W, Length 25",37",49",61.5",73.5"

[glow=red, 2, 300]This was taken right from the PFO web site.  They call it the Professional Series, the green is what I have[/glow]

Really nice.  The are made in Vancouver Washington so that's just below me here in Vancouver BC

J

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I use their 400w mh pendants w/ 2x 28w actinic pc's for my invert systems at work. I like them alot, then again, I like many mh set-ups.

5. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Very nice!  Nothing like MH lighting to replicate the sun for those photosynthetic creatures.  You will now experience them thriving instead of just surviving.  Great job!

:) ;) :D ;D 8)

6. Jason McKenzie

Thanks Craig,
    It was somthing I wanted to do since day one but like I have said above MH lights a a little introsive when the tank is in the living room. We just moved into this condo a year ago. Now I need a house so that I can have a "Fish" room or maybe a fish garage like the post Matt made a couple of weeks ago. I've only been in this hoby for about 8 months and already I want to go bigger.

Thanks for your support
    Jason

7. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

[quote author=Jakets link=board=lighting;num=1050719527;start=0#14 date=05/03/03 at 08:58:08] I've only been in this hoby for about 8 months and already I want to go bigger.

Thanks for your support
    Jason[/quote]

Whoa, don't feel like the Lone Ranger! I've had a tank for 12 months this next Tuesday and I want a 250 Gallon for my fish/movie room. We all get bit by the same bug!

:) ;) :D ;D 8)

8. Click Here!

9. Jason McKenzie

I finally got around to fixing my really ugly lighting hanger system. Plus lowered my lights by almost 7 inches

J

Attached Files:

10. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Nice J! [smiley=thumbs_up.gif]

12. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

Hey J here is an idea I have seen Take a 2x6 (o r8) Screw it into the studs lengthwise to the tank then mount heavy duty shelf brackets taht are long enough to hang lights over tank at the height you want. Hang lights right to the brackets. The neat thing about this is light hides wood an brackets so all you is the fixture itself. for wire management I have seen them mounted to the side of the stand in your case back corner by the wall and wire tucked behind the cabinet. I know you mentioned something like this but the lumber was too light weight and screw the wood into the studs with long drywall screws I usually pre drill. sorry about the rough drawing.

Attached Files: