Urgent pest anenome

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by ferretfish, Aug 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ferretfish

ferretfish Sea Dragon

hello i have a problem with aspiasta anenome's how do get rid of them
    i cant get peppermint shrimp because one of my fish ate the last one that i had thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Shackman23

Shackman23 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Joe's juice works great, shut power heads off and give them a shot of juice

4. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

I hate red that if you take kawkwasser, mix it with your tank water in an outside bowl until it is like a toothpaste consistency, and then touch it to the aptasia, they die almost immediately. Once again, I just read this, but the person swears on it.

5. Reefing Madness

Reefing Madness Skunk Shrimp

Lemon juice and a syringe. Shoot it right into the aiptasia mouth. Not much, just enough for a taste.

6. Sunshine252

Sunshine252 Plankton

AiptasiaX. I just bought a nice trumpet coral from my LFS that was, as we say in the south, ate up with 'em. It took 2 tries to get them all but they haven't reappeared yet.

7. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

Aptiasia X works, but I make my own Kalk paste that melts them immediately. Take a tbsp of pickling lime and mix with it just enough water to make it like toothpaste. then toss in 1/4tsp of red pepper, and a few drops of texas pete or some type of hot sauce (tobasco). then micorwave it till bubbly. add a little more water if necessary to keep it smooth like toothpaste and load it into a syringe. put a little drop in their mouths and they will close up on it and melt immediately.