Peroxide application video using the reefbowl

Discussion in 'Algae' started by brandon429, Mar 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chumslickjon

chumslickjon Purple Spiny Lobster

I'm very happy to finally hear, um..... read, someone say this.
    I agree with that statement 100%.

Now, with the external treatment as mentioned, what are the possible impacts for someone with a fuge full of chaeto? Should the chaeto be removed from the system for a period of time?

2. Click Here!

3. brandon429

brandon429 Fire Worm

The external treatments imply that no peroxide is getting in the main tank to harm the chaeto, since the target rocks are rinsed before reinstalling

But if you mean the in tank treatments, chaeto is among the stronger macros we have seen chaeto both tolerate and not tolerate peroxide its hard to say on a given treatment

I give it a better chance though than any other macro

4. chumslickjon

Sounds good. I asked because I read this in one of your previous posts.

5. brandon429

brandon429 Fire Worm

Oh I see. We haven't lost chaeto to that good call.

Wanted to post some of the best before and after pics we collected, each poster gave me permission to repost these as needed:

Simon skl from Rc:
    Before and after gsp, zoanthids, and birdsnest Seri all external full rock dips

Attached Files:

6. brandon429

brandon429 Fire Worm

Reefmisers post, the first nano treatment id seen:
    It was a 1:10 whole tank dosing

Attached Files:

7. chumslickjon

I'm moving in the next few months, but I got some red bubble algae in my nano which I plan to treat sometime around when I move. When that happens I'll share pics.

8. Click Here!

9. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Thanks Brandon,

First of all, RC won't even let me look at posts because some moderator was having PMS and got upset that I posted a warning about the length of my signature- which was NOT a vioalation, as my signature.
    The mods over on Reef somewhere in the middle are a bunch of tight wad jerks, so me reading that post is out of the question. I can use a 'puter with a different IP address- but I choose not to. Personally, I think the C word person that did that to me had tank envy.

My cyano is very light, on the bottom on my finely crushed coral only. I keep my bottom layer very thin- averaging about 1 inch.

You can see my tank in my short vid in my sig.

Thanks

10. brandon429

brandon429 Fire Worm

Ha got ya man
    Let me at least recommend this one from nr, I hate to jump off with no reading material on your tank maybe check this one out just for details I might have left out. Can you post a full tank shot of your reef i'm firewalled

Is it possible for you to siphon it off repeatedly until it stops? That's what I did for cyano in my bowl when it was new

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=268706&st=0&start=0

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  11. brandon429

brandon429 Fire Worm

I'm glad 3reef is cool about alt links to threads elsewhere its a lot to retype!

Hey I saw tank on my phone its nice! That coralline is likely to bleach with a systemic dosing, the corals and fish you have aren't that sensitive to it. Was there anemones?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  12. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

If I am going to dip a rock in peroxide should I dilute it with salt water and is it same for corals yo be dipped into it?