Perky polyps my Green Stars are not.

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by PharmrJohn, Aug 23, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I don't think they do. Like I said, I am probably overreacting. My corals are like my babies. The HC went into perma-timeout in my nano. It is cleaning sand as we speak. Doing a really good job too. He is still going to go back to the LFS. I am going to phase out my HCs as an important part of a cleaning crew and keep only a few as pets.

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Wow, super glue even burns my eyes! I would have never thought!

4. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Not sure I understand the coralline is coming off the rock so brushing is out of the question part ? :) as for fragging a CSP you simply peel the purple mat off the rock and set the peel off on another rock I super glue them to the new plug .. as for Coralline coming off hell You would have to jack hammer it off of a rock or side of the aquarium almost.. It just does not come off unless its turned white and dies and flakes off.

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

If I have a coral that I want in a certain spot Ill smear a big glob on the area of wet rock and then set the frag in it till it sets up hard tun it a loose and its get a hold and grows over the glue. As I said above I peel green stars off of the growing mats and cut it into squares and then Super glue that square to new plug

6. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

how long does it take to dry/harden?

7. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Crazy glue to cure ? in water it will crust over in a heart beat but to cure enough to hold about 60 seconds or so with downward pressure .

8. Click Here!

9. {Nano}Reefer

ever hurt anything using super glue? ive heard of some kinds burning coral

10. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

superglue produces heat. chemical reaction to air.

that's why I say hit it with a blob of sg!

when you're fragging you should let the sg gel set for a few seconds then attach the coral, then dip it into the water you have set up to frag with. Dipping cools the glue.

11. {Nano}Reefer

interesting, thanks gras! :)

12. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Well......it's probably not coraline then. It is purple, so I just did a newbie assumption that the polyps had anchored themselves to the "coralline" on the rock and grew. I'll just crazy glue whatever the purple substrate is and go with it. I just bought four tubes of the gel a few days ago just in case.