Perfecto 75 Gal clear overflow ?

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by chelltom, Aug 21, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

You know, that's the attitude, there's nothing wrong with that overflow! It should be pretty quiet, the one on my frag tank is really quiet. It's just not as popular style, but it could be fun to have a little bit different type and you can see your mangroves growing thru the glass. Get some red dragon macro algae and put in there and it would be pretty neat with the red/green combo in there...

but that's just my random thoughts. I've been wanting to get some red dragon macro algae for a while now, that stuff is pretty cool looking IMO.

Good luck!

2. Click Here!

3. Reef_Ninja

Reef_Ninja Spaghetti Worm

Somebody probably made that overflow. Not really sure if they drilled it themselves or not, as tanks this size usually are tempered on the bottom. Either way, it would be pretty simple to get some black (or blue, or whatever) acrylic and cover the clear overflow.

4. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

I agree, DIY style.
    I got my 30gL with that style overflow and was like "interesting, never seen that kind before". Then I was going by a LFS one day, it's not one of my favorites, but you know you still got to go in and get a little underwater fix. Well, I was in there looking at all their livestock tanks and they were all identical to the one I have, even the size of tank. I bet the one I got (it was used, 3rd, 4th generation, who knows) was from that store or the guy who made them for that store. It was just funny to see them all of them in there.

5. Reef_Ninja

Reef_Ninja Spaghetti Worm

No kidding. I never thought about an LFS putting out overflows like this. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but its definitely a lot cheaper to build an overflow using plain glass vs. acrylic or even smoked glass.

6. chelltom

chelltom Skunk Shrimp

Thanks for the input guys I drove down this weekend and picked it up. It was sitting on a back porch and will need some elbow grease but for 200 it seems like a fair deal. I still haven't went through everything underneath to see what all is included but here is what I have inventoried so far.
    1. a 75 gallon tank with built in overflow
    2. a wooden stand in need of stain or varnish
    3. a 48 inch 6 bulb current light setup T5HO
    4. about a dozen or so extra bulbs still in boxes
    5. a couple of pumps
    6. a couple of power heads
    7. several timers
    8. a box and bucket full of god knows what all , nets , scrapers , old fish food
    9. what looks to be about a 20-30 sump.
    as I said I haven't done a full inventory but all in all lots of stuff for 200... Your thoughts. ???

7. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

I'm glad the fixture was a T5!

Sounds like you got a good deal there!

8. Click Here!

9. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Nice steal! Congratulations!