percula clown bit psycho dragonet

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by ska d, Aug 16, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ska d

ska d Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

To get right to the point, i just introduced a psychodelic dragonet (p.d) to my 90. After acclimation i put the p.d in the tank and my somewhat non aggresive clown must have thought it was food and went over and gave the p.d a little nibble. After about ten minutes i happened to look over and my clown was doing a very weird twitch followed by turning slightly on its side almost paralized like. Then all was ok for a minute or so. And then repeated.
    Now, i fully expecot to be reemed and probably deserve so for perpetuating the sale of these poor ( almost always doomed creatures). Ive had two Mandarins in the past. First one starved, second one i had eating all kinds of stuff and a few months later the tank crashed.
    Ive been doing sw for about 3 yrs and thought i had graduated from "newbie" , but im sitting across the street at a pub having a beer contemplating what ive done. I just ordered another. I let my impulsive side get the better of me and now im going to suffer. Not to mention whaterever damage ive done.
    Before i go on, im not sure if this is posted in the right place (mods, feel free to move as you wish). I guess my emergency is. Will the toxin of the dragonet kill my clown?. Even if it was just a nibble?
    My clown has been with me from day one of my sw experience ( first fish i got). She has been through a major move and one crash (exactly 21 days after the move). So to lose her because i made such a selfish decision is going to sting.
    My lfs doesnt often get the psycho d but whenever i see a regular mandarin they look so healthy at first but a coulple of weeks later their bellies are suncken in and i know whafs next. I saw these little guys, looking so healthy, i thought maybe it would have a better chance in my tank. ( code for: impulsive buyer). Anyways losing my clown becuase of stupid decision isnt sitting right.
    Came home. Maybe 2 hours have past amd clown seems fine
    Cleaning its anenome. No sign of p.d.
    Feel free to kick my ass, although i dont think i could feel any worse. If i were to be honest i guess i want someone to tell me i just made a mistake and lesson be learned. Im lying down for a nap as im probably as stressed as the little guy hiding who probably wont make it.
    Lesson learned:
    Buying a fish that almost never does well, will only keep the lfs to keep bringing them in.
    If i truly want to save a species dont buy it.
    RIGHT????

2. Click Here!

3. dskyers

dskyers Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Lol sounds like a bar post.

Clown is fine clowns do that dance all the time . The little nibble won't hurt anything .
    Mandarin will hide for a while as we know I have mine now for a while and its still shy ...
    Mandarin will be fine too get it to eat where it hangs out most with pumps off eventually he will eat it mines eats rod fish food only. 5 months now.

I do agree with how you feel about this fish though but for me its the one I can't not have lol gets me every time.