Pep Shrimp Murdered my new Acan

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Aqualung, Oct 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

yea. and you can just put some cocktail sauce with it. That SHOULD make him a jolly good shrimp.

2. Click Here!

3. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Lol. Hot sauce! What worked for me was a trap made from a 20 oz Gatorade bottle. Cut the top off 2 inches down. Invert the top into the other part of the bottle. Make sure the trap stands only about 5-6" tall. I had to shorten the bottle, was 8" tall.. too tall. Shrimp just kept walking around it. Shortened it and 5 minutes later she was trapped. Put some mysis down there. I also didn't feed anything for two days to make her super hungry.

4. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

PS.. man Acans grow fast!!

5. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Especially when you target feed them:)

6. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Purple Spiny Lobster

Sorry about the bad stroke of luck. I really think you had a Camel and not a Peppermint. I have had many over the year's and have never had any problem's like that, but the Camel's will act. I maybe wrong again though. Good Luck
    Ghost

7. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Sorry to hear about your stroke of bad luck and great job on catching the culprit. I had a peppermint, just to get rid of my aptasia. I guess once he finished off all of that he still had a taste for finer things and started going after corals. That's when I said "Adios" to him as well.

8. Click Here!

9. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

What a horror story! I'm glad the acan is better now. I just have one peppermint shrimp, who doesn't bother anything. In fact, if my arm goes in the tank, I have to fight off the pep shrimp and the cleaner shrimp crawling up my arm!

10. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

I really think she was just tasting everything in my tank.. experimenting.. she hit up my candy canes, then the acans, then my trumpet. I have her in my dungeon fuge.. she is def not a camel shrimp.

11. RHorton

RHorton Pajama Cardinal

yeh that stinks, I had 2 peppermint shrimp and one of them took a liking to corals so now there both gone.:)