Pep Shrimp Murdered my new Acan

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Aqualung, Oct 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

I didn't think they looked like they were on their way out.. did it look like that in the pic?

2. Click Here!

3. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

they looked fine to me in the first pic

4. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Yeah, the first pic looked like those acans were just fine.

5. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Well I put the acans in a plastic open top container with plastic netting so light and flow gets thru and keeps the shrimp out until I catch him.. my trap failed last night we'll see what happens today

6. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

This morning they still had color but the centers were missing on 5 of the heads.. think they'll pull through?

7. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

If your water quality is good and nothing is still harassing them I would bet they will come back. I've had some grow back from just shreds of flesh.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. mattheuw1

mattheuw1 Montipora Capricornis

My peppermint ate a head of frogspawn before my clowns started hosting it.

10. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Fingers are crossed! 5 of the heads have some flesh, two of them are totally in tact.. they are covered and protected by plastic netting so flow and light can get thru.. still haven't caught the other shrimp.. he saw how the one got captured so he's avoiding my trap.. the other was banished to the sump and now is no where to be found.. guessing the he got grinded up into the pump.. muhahahahahaha.. no actually I'm not happy bout that.. was gonna take him back to the LFS

11. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

I'm glad to say the Acans have all bounced back.. as of yesterday all the flesh has grown back and thie feeding tentacles were out last night. I caught the peppermint shrimp and she now resides in my sump. I do feed her. she had babies the other night, which explains her voracious appetite... too bad her mate curiously wandered into my sumps pump..

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  12. tkeck

tkeck Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I had to tank everything out of my tank. i mean completly take down my reef to catch two pep shrimp. They were attacking the ritteri anemone, xenia, leathers, and zoas...