pellets in a salt shaker.

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Swisswiss, Dec 3, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

right so i restocked on marine solutions formula one and two dried pellet food. the idea behind this was that seeing as a i have a new batch of percula eggs I'm going to try and rear them onto this food source at some point.

the grinding idea itself works great, i mixed both products in a small salt shaker that it grinds to a fine powder (perhaps even a little too fine), so this got me thinking…

would this be an adequate food source for my corals in my dt as well, or am i just micro polluting my system? clearly skimmer and pumps would be off during the time they feed.

i was also thinking of perhaps grinding some directly on my rotifer/nauplli in the collecting sieve just before feeding to the dt/larvae.

i imagine despite it being a fine powder in terms of "um" size it would still be to large to have any enrichment capabilities for my rotifers right? not to mention they may not even recognise it as a food source….

2. Click Here!

3. _alex_

_alex_ Feather Duster

I don't see why you couldn't. I feeds fauna marine lps pellets to my zoas and Pali by grinding then between my fingers over them and the powder falls onto them. They eat it well.