Pasty's JBJ28 Haddoni Biotope--New Video (7.4.2014)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Pastey, Jun 7, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

+1^^^ the clown's eye looks human-like

2. Click Here!

3. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

Haddoni is really starting to stretch its "legs" and stretch out.
    [​IMG]

Short video:

After the video was shot, I fed a little frozen food and the clowns are both feeding the anemone. Such an incredible relationship to witness. Guess I don't need to do much feeding from here on out :D

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I really like your clowns.

5. Zgetman

Zgetman Ritteri Anemone

That is neat, I remember the first time I saw a clownfish feed and nem. I thought that was the coolest thing I had ever seen.

6. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

About a week or so ago, the haddoni went on a climbing adventure. Like, up and over the false back wall, into a filtration chamber and got some of its pedal stuck in a MJ1200!! Was not easy to remove from either the chamber or the pump but I was able to do so without causing further injury. It took about 3-4 hours for it to bury its foot again but it has been staying put (learned it's lesson?) ever since. It healed quickly and is readily taking small bits of food. Imagine my surprise when I walked in and saw no sign of the haddoni at all.....

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Bad, bad Anemone. :mad:

Congratulations on a successful rescue, that is a surprisingly positive outcome.

8. Click Here!

9. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

I believe if the foot had been damaged, it could have ended much worse. I know they're capable if surviving short times exposed to air but I was unaware they would just walk directly out of the water. I'll have to figure out a way to make a top I guess. "Jumping" anemones....that's a new one.