Pastey's 200DD--SPS v. 3.0

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Pastey, Mar 2, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Ooooo looks excellent!

The Achilles Tang is stunning and you know I am not a fish person.

Where did you get the Red Goniopora?

2. Click Here!

3. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

It's amazing that in a trade full of brilliant and brightly colored fish that a nearly all black fish gets so much attention. My eyes are drawn to it every time I look at the tank. Thanks for the kind words fish "tolerater" ;)

Red goniapora is an ORA frag that came from a local LFS. My last attempt ended pretty much like most but I've actually seen growth from this one so I'm pretty happy I went against my better judgement and tried again.

Corailline likes this.
  4. Corailline

I have the Red Gonio from ORA as well, it is supposed to be a very hardy variety and not a rent a coral, mine is doing well after about 5 months. I am sure yours will do well too.

5. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

6. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

Caught the clowns in the act of laying eggs. I knew they were close since they were ramping up their mating antics but I've never caught the actual dance before.

Corailline likes this.
  7. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

Took a new FTS along with some other shots:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

That Toadstool is so awesome.

Your tank looks like a natural reef, and that is what it's all about in my book.

10. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

You need to come sprinkle some of that magic dust in my tank that keeps Your SPS thriving. I have a penchant for turning them a magnificent shade of bleach white...

I'm considering potentially two new fish...the tank just doesn't have that "busy" look that I like with the open water swimmers. With only 5 fish, I'm pretty under-stocked. For sure, I want a leapord wrasse but I haven't decided on the 2nd. I don't really want to risk another tang as I have an acanthurus and a zebrasoma that sort of get along. Don't want to upset that. I thought about another pyramid butterfly since I don't have the haddonni anymore. Ideas?

11. Pastey

Pastey Ritteri Anemone

Had to take a drive down to New Orleans on Saturday and we used some spare time to check out a LFS that I hadn't been to in a while. I've been wanting a couple more fish since the tank was looking a little sparse. Picked up a pair of Bartlett's anthias, a male melanarus wrasse and a flame hawkfish (wife picked that one out...love when she gets involved).

Bartlett's
    [​IMG]

Melanarus
    [​IMG]

Hawkfish was a little shy so I don't have a picture yet.

12. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

congrats! I think you'll really like the flame hawk.