Parrot Fish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by oceansurf, Mar 13, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fazool666

fazool666 Sea Dragon

As long as they are small cory cats then it sounds fine to me. Not sure if you have already but definitely get some kind of hiding area or build some kind of shelter for it. They love to hide out from time to time and are less timid when they have a place to chill.

2. Click Here!

3. oceansurf

oceansurf Purple Spiny Lobster

I have 1 parrot. I have since added him to a 30 gallon tank with 3 zebras ( dither fish ) & 3 cats.He is not yet old enough to show his colours. He is a pig though. I feed pellets every other day. I can't believe that little mouth can hold so much. Maybe I should be feeding him more.

4. oceansurf

I have 1 parrot ,one pleco & 3 rosey barbs in my 30 gallon tank.I have one CO2 diffuser mainy to provide algae for my pleco. He is getting large & there is not alot of algae left, so I may add my 2nd difusser.

I would so like a planted tank. One post said perhaps Amazon swords. If this is true, is true are there any secrets as to their care? I have never had alot of luck with plants. I have the CO2 diffusers & the Seashem line of products.

IF I can plant this tank, any suggestions ?

Thanks.

5. oceansurf

As I have said, in my 30 gallon, I now have a parrot fish, 3 rosey barbs & a pleco. I'd love to add an angel, but how would the parrot react & would the barbs be continually nipping at its fins ? I know it would have to be a larger angel. Would it be too great on the bio load ?

6. oceansurf