Paranoid? I hope so. Why won't these hermits, well, come out of their shell?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by brew0688, Mar 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. brew0688

brew0688 Fire Shrimp

Just tested the Nitrates. Level is absolutely at 0. Without any shadow of doubt, and this kit is about a month old. Do I need to check for copper as someone mentioned earlier?

2. Click Here!

3. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

It couldn't hurt... OR, you could just add a polyfilter to your tank to absorb the copper, just in case. It would also absorb any other impurities that might be in there as well... it's supposed to turn a copper-green color if copper is present, so then you'd know and it would be removed at the same time... probably the same price or less than a Cu test kit.

4. brew0688

brew0688 Fire Shrimp

So I went to the LFS today after school. After much deliberating, I got about 4 blue hermits, and some kind of ordinary crab... I'm not sure what kind yet (I know that's ridiculous, but the way it was eating the algae at the LFS made me want it immediately). I also got 4 turban snails, as well as a poly filter like you suggested. It hasn't changed color yet, so I'm guessing my water is ok. Also, I compared my pH with that of their water, and it's pretty much exactly the same. The minute I placed the new livestock in the tank, they started eating. They're just devouring this algae.

I guess I just got bad stock last time. :-/

5. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

cool! polyfilters are great... it probably won't turn color right away, but you can keep it in there until it turns really dark... great for removing all kinds of bad stuff.

1 person likes this.