PAR Readings

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by ZachB, Jan 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

the 5 year warranty is for my galaxy ballasts.... I dont have odyssea

2. Click Here!

3. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

I was looking at the Apogee meter this weekend, but man $300 for the unit and $140 for the sensor before tax and shipping is pretty outrageous. I'm willing to spend some money but not $500. I wish I had easy access to one.

4. grubbsj

grubbsj Gigas Clam

Which sensor (model number) are you using with the meter?

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

You can get the QMSS-ELEC for $250 usually that already includes a waterproof sensor
    You can get the QMSW-SS for about $350 usually (same as above but has a switch to calibrate for sunlight as well as electric lights)

Our reef club bought one that can be checked out by members. I would check with your club

6. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

I don't see that model number on Apogee's site, I wonder if they changed it around. I couldn't get any good results from google either.
    http://webtrolley.org/mivastore/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=apogee&Category_Code=BQM
    I do think I may have misread though. I think the MQ-100 doesn't come with a separate sensor and is $300, but you can get the MQ-200 for $350 and that does come with a separate sensor. That's a little better but still more than I'd like to pay hehe.
    I don't see any cheaper quantum meters on the site, am I missing something here?

7. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

They are out there still. A different local club just got one. You might need to contact apogee for their distributors