PAR calculator for EcoTech Radion

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by adicus, May 28, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. adicus

adicus Aiptasia Anemone

Didn't see this elsewhere. Found a great PAR to depth calculator for the EcoTech Radion LED lights. Select the model and lens and % of the six color variables and brightness. As you move the slider for the colors and brightness the display shows the PAR values at depths up to 36". You can also move the distance from water surface to see the coverage in the tank.

http://www.aquaticlog.com/radion

DSC reef and Swisswiss like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

thx for this

DSC reef likes this.
  4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Interesting since we're going the radion route eventually.

5. adicus

adicus Aiptasia Anemone

I'm not sure about their PAR values for different corals (hover over one of the buttons in the coral column). Looking at the PAR values recommended by on-line stores, they don't always agree (specifically Vivid Aquariums). I'm a long way from corals at this time. I did purchase most of the equipment I will need for setup - except the tank and stand. I did purchase the Radion Gen 3 Pro, so the calculator is of value to me. I will probably go with the SCAquariums 90 cube PNP. I will be visiting Steve at SCAquariums next week - long drive, but I like to see what I'm buying. My dry rock will be here next week, so add a month or so for cooking it before it ever goes in the aquarium.

DSC reef likes this.