Panorama pro led module on biocube

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by SwimsWithFish, Dec 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I just sold someone at the store 6 ecoxotic stunner fixtures for someone who was doing a mod on their 29g biocube. I told him I would think 5 would be enough but he bouhgt all 6. He brought one of them back and said he ABSOLUTELY loves the 5 strips.

I hadnt read all of the thread, but something most people dont know (I know I didnt) is that they sell reflectors for the stunners that will help with the amount of light dispersed and only is like 10-15 dollars more.

The price difference between the panorama and the stunner makes me lean more towards that stunner strips with the reflectors.

(with that said, I am still staying away from LEDs because I am one of the old reefers that likes the stark MH lights because I know how they will do!) I did buy a small tank that has an LED light on it and I love the looks of it. Just not ready to add my sps to it yet!

2. Click Here!

3. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

that is a VERY nice set up!

4. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

the panorama strips are much nigher output than the stunners i believe you may have confused the two. the stunner strips are not meant to grow coral just simply to accent an existing light setup.

for the panorama pro modules yes they do sell separate reflectors to more spread the light about. so with these that would probably make up for another fixture i would think.

5. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

You are correct, thats why I said I would be buying the Rapid LED kit with Stunners.. Best of both worlds. :)