Oyster Feast

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Kevin_E, Jul 21, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Wow, that's a large setup.

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Notice a difference int hose 8 months of use?

4. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

I've had no issues with the oyster feast directly. I've had the usual algae issues but nothing serous. I have read that they are an extremely high quality food but I use it in moderation. I think its like anything you put in your tank, there is a downside if you overdo it.

5. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Any noticeable positives regarding the coral?

6. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

Good question Kevin. I've mostly been on auto pilot with the feeding. Been consistent so I have nothing to compare their condition with. I've only been at this for less than a year and not entirely successful with all corals so I can't give a long term report on whether oyster eggs in particular are good. I just go by the strategy of feeding a mixture in moderation. It may take a while before I can really say one food makes a difference.

7. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

Yes it was the oyster feast really helped with polyp extension and I felt like it helped with coloration and growth

8. Click Here!

9. Hamilton Tech

Hamilton Tech 3reef Sponsor

I use it myself and I like it. The corals respond well to it. Good product IMO.

10. hart24601

hart24601 Flamingo Tongue

11. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

My LFS guy recommended I try it in my tank. He talked me out of buying something more expensive so I am giving it a shot. Have not been using it very long at this point but i know my sps and lps have excellent PE when i use it. I don't really measure any out, i am awful at sticking to measurements on things. I have had no algae issues other than my long term cyano issue which i had before I started using it. I haven't had noticeable growth but i think this is due to an issue with my alk which i think is related to the salt I am using.