Overflows/Standpipes

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by NOWICKI, Sep 15, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NOWICKI

NOWICKI Astrea Snail

[quote author=Shrimp_Man link=board=General;num=1032156080;start=0#9 date=09/18/02 at 01:46:19]5 inches in the main tank is a lot.  [/quote]
    Ya, you are probably right, I may bring it down a few inches.

What about?

Thanks,

2. Click Here!

3. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

the shape of your tank really shouldnt matter any sump or refugium serves the same purpose. as far as capuleras go different ones have different growth rates grape is a good hardy one that grows like a weed. i had it come up in my tank as a hitchiker and was always pullin it out every couple days to shorten it.. i still have it but sometins takin care of it now either my emerald crab or tang started eatin it. if you go with a shallower sand bed along with your plenuim or sump there isnt any less critters because these create a safe haven for your critters that will multiply with out any predators. but they all get in the main tank eventually so chances are you will have more critters.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

When i said bad luck about the shape of your tank, i meant about the stand not being square. :p

5. NOWICKI

NOWICKI Astrea Snail

Thanks Carla!
    Shrimp man - I thought you were doggin' my tank at first but you didn't seem like the type so I dissmissed it thats_crazy forgive me ;D

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

ha.. i just reread this thread again and i hope you will forgive me for saying 1/4" drain! i am not sure if that is right! ;D i believe i meant 3/4"! ::)

you don't have to worry about 'fragging' caulerpa ryan! any size piece will grow another plant! the stuff is taking over parts of the world while we speak!

hey shrimp man i wouldn't go 6-8 inches in a plenum.. maybe that would work but it sounds like you want to do a dsb and a plenum at the same time to me! :)

7. NOWICKI

NOWICKI Astrea Snail

;D The reason I was asking about fragging was because I don't have any and I was thinking about where I could get some :) Where would you suggest? I'm almost positive that my lps doesn't have any.
    Thanks,

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Your lfs might have flyers for a reef club? Ah..probably not. I would try to do some networking in your area though ... that might pay off in spades!!!! :thumbsup2:

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I was thinking about corals there! But call every lfs in your neighborhood even if they suck, someone will have caulerpa..

11. NOWICKI

NOWICKI Astrea Snail

Here it is!!! :thumbsup:

This is my idea, I'd love your questions, comments, and concerns!
    Here would be the overflow on the back corner of my tank:
    [​IMG]

Here would be the bulkhead [this pic is from another tank] inside the overflow:
    [​IMG]

With a custom Durso standpipe!
    [​IMG]

You all are beautiful! wahoo!!!!!

12. NOWICKI

NOWICKI Astrea Snail

I just might have to start my own reef club!! but maybe there is one and I am clueless! I'll check into it :)