Overflow and Return?

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by diverdan, Jan 29, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

I thought I got the Hoffer to work right and well the water level is the same but I just cant find the sweet spot on both of them. One is quiet and then the other begins to hiss and it got annoying. I thought I had it until the TV was off and I was trying to sleep in the other room and it dawned on me. I hate the Hoffer Gurgle Buster because I can hear it in my room. needless to say I didnt try anymore and didnt sleep well because of it. So I did some research and I found a Mod to hopefully fix my issue of the space. Basically you just cut it down. You cut the elbow and cut the T and glue it back together shortning it up. I was able to do it with some 1" plumbing but I do not have the equipment here at work with me so I can't do the 1 1/4" plumbing. hopefully I will have time when I get done working tonight.

2. Click Here!

3. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

So I ended up having issues getting the dursos set up correctly. On would work and the other wouldn't. I got frustrated. I spent hours and did a lot of research. I went ahead and turned the bell reducer over on the hoffer and basically turned it into a stockman. To my amazement it worked great. Quiet, and it has plenty of flow. I was able to open my pump up to full throttle and the overflow kept up. I did dial it back an 8th of a turn on the ball valve to get some back pressure so my manifold was still functional. I am very happy at the moment with the turn out. I have the flow in my tank that I want and everything is just running great and everything is happy. Thanks for all the help.

4. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Glad you got it worked out!