Unresolved Overdosed alk

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by MarineHobbyist, Jun 6, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I don't think they will go crazy in your tank. Just keep up good maintenance habits.

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT PREVENTING IT!!!

Right now is time to ease your SPS back to recovery. That's the reason why I didn't recommend a fast or large water change. They are remarkably resilient if we don't make fast changes. Messing with the pH now would surely kill them.

I just wanted you to know what a dino bloom looks like and know how to handle it should one occur. Again, now is the time for NO MAJOR CHANGES.

Don't be afraid. It's fine. Right now is the time to save your corals. If you get dino's as a result, we'll just fix that once your coral's strength is restored.

4. MarineHobbyist

MarineHobbyist Flamingo Tongue

Well thanks everyone!

I posted this issue on some other forums as well, and I must say, you guys are the best help anyone can get.

I guess we can change the thread to "Resolved" for now.

Thanks again!

5. MarineHobbyist

MarineHobbyist Flamingo Tongue

Update:

So I lost about 2 acropora frags and I think one of my montis is about half dead (almost all bleached).

Most, if not all, of my SPS have bleached tips. Question is, do I frag the tips off for them to re-heal? Or will they heal without having to frag them?

6. BTowned

BTowned Peppermint Shrimp

it the tips are bleached with tissue, and not dead, with algae growth, just leave them. But if it's dead skeleton you can frag it off.