Over flows

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by fireykat, Nov 26, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fireykat

fireykat Astrea Snail

I was looking around and did find the "how to" article, just before reading this. It is great info on drilling. I'll check out the second link here as well. I was sure others had asked the very same question which started me on the search. thank you! ;)

2. Click Here!

3. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

Check this link out there is an article about half way down called Tempered Glass: More Than You Want To Know very informative and reinforces what hydrojeff said.

I also know that someone in the glass business can tell by the sound created just by tapping (lightly) on a piece of tempered glass or float glass.

4. fireykat

fireykat Astrea Snail

Thank you; the more I read the more I think drilling is definitely the way to go! :)

5. newbie

newbie Bristle Worm

I just drilled my tank or my fish guy did i should say if i can fig out how to put up pic of the drill he used i will.

6. fireykat

fireykat Astrea Snail

I hope you figure out how; a picture would be great. :)

7. newbie

newbie Bristle Worm

OK im not the best on this thing but i fig i could fig it out it will not let me up load them I know i saw a thread somewhere on how to im going in search of it know ill fig it out tonight

8. Click Here!

9. newbie

newbie Bristle Worm

Try this i cant seem to fig out how to upload a photo maybe you can zoom in on the drill it had suction cup bottom bottom it had a solid steel bit he put come kind of carbon oxide something in the water thats what cuts the glass took less than 10 min for both holes.MySpace

10. fireykat

fireykat Astrea Snail

Your profile is set to private and it will not let me view them. I do know pics can only be a certain size to upload. That might be the problem. You need to shrink them.

11. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

All you need to drill a tank is a cordless drill, "Cheap" Diamond hole saw, plumbers pipe putty and a source of water.

I bought my hole saws on Ebay and have already drilled 5 different tanks with one of them. You do not need the really expensive ones. And for a source of water I used a garden hose outside.

As far as drilling tank videos on how to do it are a dime a dozen, here are the inks to a few.

YouTube - Drilling an Aquarium

YouTube - Drilling a Glass Fish Tank

And this one is a how not to Video, or what happens when you drill a tempered tank

YouTube - Tempered Tank Drilling

12. fireykat

fireykat Astrea Snail

Good video's; now I'm hearing my wall might be a load bearing wall and if it is; I can't do the tank as a room divider. YIPES. I will find out tomorrow.