Outstanding customer service

Discussion in 'Air, Water & Ice' started by KOgle, Jun 25, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Kudos to Don at Air Water Ice and Russ at Buckeye Field Supply.
    You won't get their level of service and expertise with those Ebay sellers.

2. Click Here!

3. ptgestimator

ptgestimator Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I wish I could say the same. I bought my typhoon solely because they are a sponser here and have been very unhappy. It was shipped broke, or broke in the shipping proccess. The fitting that connects the first and second canister was broke off inside the lid. I first reached out to them 08/15/08. I finally got a response from Don 08/22/08. Don (he is working overtime I give kudos for that) pointed out the problem. My issue is I was told to tear the unit apart and put a replacement fitting in. When I told him is was inside the cap, he told me he would ship a new cap. I still don't have the cap. I emailed Don yesterday and asked if the cap was sent. He responded this morning stating he thought it was but would check and let me know. I still haven't heard back from him. In the mean time I had to purchase more RO water to do a change, all the while my $200.00 filter is now propping open my door. Why am I fixing my "NEW" ro filter? This isn't some buyer beware ebay item, rather a somewhat pricey $200 plus item. Am I wrong in expecting a new working unit; or a replacement filter I don't have to service myself? VERY unhappy with service as to date and customer satisfaction. :(

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  4. ptgestimator

Not trying to hijack this thread but my frustration continues. Never heard back from Don confirming if my replacement cap had been sent or not. Booo on Airwaterice. This is my first bad experience since I have got into this hobby. Almost 3 weeks with a DOA filter system.

5. KOgle

KOgle Zoanthid

Have you asked Don to just let you exchange the whole filter? I assume he would do that for you.

6. ptgestimator

I suggested it and was offered a new cap instead. I really din't want to be a jerk and demand a new one but it appears that was a huge mistake on my part for not asking for one. I just want RO water. The communication has been spartan at best.

7. KOgle

KOgle Zoanthid

You know they do have a return policy as well. You could just tell him you want an exchange or return it and go with another brand. I'm sure Don would work with you though.

8. Click Here!

9. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

ptgestimator, that's a shame. I purchased my Typhoon 5 Stage in January of this year and I have nothing but good things to say about the company, their communication, and their product.

Why not tactfully tell Don your expectations just as you have here? Tell him with all the good things you've heard about his company, you're a bit surprised that he'd have you fixing an item you bought new. That's unacceptable. :(

10. ptgestimator

I did in a very terse voicemail. It took three phone calls and two emails just to get a response.

11. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Good luck. I'm sure he'll make good on things.

12. ptgestimator

Thanks for the moral support. I finally recieved an email back from Don stating I should have it in a day or two. LOL, it went from, "I think it shipped" to "it will be there in a day or two". Sooo, now with the weekend coming up I'll be lucky to get it by Monday. I recieved an invoice (no charge to me though) stating that the cap was not even proccessed until this evening. Absolutly horrible. All calls asking to talk to someone in management have been unreturned. Terrible!