Otty's 265g Peninsula Video Entry

Discussion in '3reef Video Contest #2!' started by Otty, May 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Make sure you keep the 90g and use it for a sump....;) Thanks for the complement.

2. Click Here!

3. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

I thought about that but can i use a 90 aga reef ready tank (has the holes for sump use) as a sump? If not i can use it as a sick tank or raise coral in it....

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Don't see why not. I would just cut the OF out and use the holes that are in the tank for your return pumps. Might save a little money but then again I got my 75g brand new for about $90 so you could sell it and buy an non reef ready tank and drill your own holes.

5. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Ahhh dreams... I have a couple too... but first my 55 has to get up to par before I work on the 120 then the 300 then the 700... LOL;D "I have a dream!"

Video looks great Scott, I was just saying that after seeing it so much in person the video pales in comparison to the real thing! Hell the video didn't even make it into fish room #2 or fish room #3 LOL! Once the tank composes 51% of the basement I think the entire basement will be called the fish room! It will be awesome when the corals grow up, man I'm just as excited for your tank to "grow up" as I am mine!

1 person likes this.
  6. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Sounds like an idea...or maybe a mega refugium. :)

7. bmshehan

You could always just cap off any holes you wouldn't use also. Caps would be a lot cheaper than a new tank:p

8. Click Here!

9. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

bmshehan, yeah its a dream....would have come true instead of this 90 gallon but i gotta wait til my massive car lease payment is done with in 2 years...than im going hog wild. buying me a 4 cylinder hooptie and rearranging the priorities. lol

10. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Yea I didn't think anyone would want to see an old boring Q-tank and a water storage room. One of these days I'm going to have enough time on my hands to knock out that wall and make the fish room and bath room all one area. In due time! ;)

11. bmshehan

I hear ya, thought about getting a new truck but then thought better, it's hard to get rid of one when you only owe 2 grand more on it! The baby obviously is going to be top priority... but heck the tank has already taken priority over golf and several other things, who would have know?!?! I'm already making plans for my 120 and my 55 is only 4 1/2 months old:p!

Qt tank, chiller, all the additives, sw holding tank, ro/di, all the plumbing going to and from the tank, ya there is nothing to see in there;)! Heck your QT has 100,000 times better hardware than my display! Le me know when you get started on movin some walls, I'll be there to lend a hand! After the total remodel on this house I'm pretty good with a sledge!:eek:!

12. painkiller1009

painkiller1009 Plankton

ya got it in the bag!!!

1 person likes this.