Other than your tank hobbies?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by 2_slow_5.0, Jul 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

2009 and 2010 R1's are practically the same bike. 09 was the year they got the cross plane crank, and everything else was new for the most part as well.

The BMW S1000RR is a heck of a bike. Kind of heavy, but it works very well as a race bike, and is a great street bike as well. It's only a little more $$ than a r1, or other japanese 1000cc bike. I hear it's one of the easiest bikes to ride fast around a race track.

For me, I am a tall, bigger guy. Most japanese (and italian) sportbikes of 1000cc's keep getting smaller and smaller physically. The R1 has been a bike that has always fit taller riders, 04+ r1s have been a favorite of mine due to this fact. The Suzuki, kawasaki, and hondas seem to always get smaller every year. That's great if you are not tall like I am.

Apparently the BMW s1000RR is a bike that fits bigger guys and not 5'10" rider types only.

I live in Milwaukee, but I am not a HD guy.

2. Click Here!

3. 2_slow_5.0

2_slow_5.0 Flamingo Tongue

I hear ya man I am 6'4 and dont fit on many bikes! LOL I might be looking at the R1s pretty soon been thinking about getting one for a while. I cant afford the BMW. LOL

4. jingles230

jingles230 Astrea Snail

i like motocross and flying airplanes

5. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

2 slow, if you are looking at new R1's, a new BMW s1000Rr is not much more at all.

2010 r1 (not the LE) is $13,300 and the BMW S1000RR starts at 13,800.

6. 2_slow_5.0

I will have to take a look at them when I get back into town. The woman wants a Harley so I might let her ride mine but she is SMALL!! LOL Like 5' flat and 90lbs. She cant hold the bike up if it starts to tip.

I wouldnt buy a new one and take the hit. Most of the time in Houston you can fine a used one with super low miles for 3-4k less then new. I dont buy much new after working in the car business.

7. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Yeah, if you are buying used, letting others take the from new depreciation;), you might not find any S1000RR's. These were only introduced very recently, and those that have them had to wait a while to get them and probably won't be wanting to sell them.

04-08 R1s are nice, but keep in mind the 04-06's have 5 valve heads, and the 07-08's have 4 valve heads. There are other differences, but visually are pretty similar.

8. Click Here!

9. telstar

telstar Fire Worm

My other interests are archery and cooking. My wife loves it when I cook, but then she hates that she can't cook as well. Even though I live in florida and met and married my wife here, I am from new orleans and the family just loves my cajun cooking.

10. 2_slow_5.0

LOL you sound like you have the same problem as I do! I love to cook and my girl just doesnt even try anymore! Hahaha.... My moms side of the family is from LA.

11. antdizzle

antdizzle Peppermint Shrimp

12. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I "cook" as well...but there's only one genre I cook. Desserts! Oh man it's awesome hahaha. My mom recently introduced me to Lemon Cheesecake Bars, and they are heaven. Plus I've got a box of lemon cake mix ready to be turned into lemon cookies (I like lemon stuff if you can't tell). So my "cooking" is normally baking desserts. But I also love to cook fish. There's an immense satisfaction that comes from catching a fish, cleaning it, and cooking it, all by yourself. I also am a great breakfast cook. It's my favorite meal of the day and I love cooking up some breakfast :) However I'll leave lunch and dinner to the pros :lol: Unless it's fish. I can handle fish. Anything else gets cooked by mama or someone that isn't me.