Other than your tank hobbies?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by 2_slow_5.0, Jul 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 2_slow_5.0

2_slow_5.0 Flamingo Tongue

Bama we shoudl get together you might know a friend of mine who use to fish mackerel turneys with "lured away" Guys name is Chico. Have not been out in a while but have access to some nice boats! LOL

Oh Duckmaster looks like we are going to have to get together sometime too! LOL That old turbo car ran a Pro-M 3" tube MA but the new one wont have a mass air since I will be running the fast xfi system with a front facing TB from the intercooler. I will get up some pics so you can see the intercooler and more of the piping. Should have A/C, PS and all other goodies and crack off some low 8's. LOL

2. Click Here!

3. TheFishMan

TheFishMan Flamingo Tongue

I also enjoy shooting/hunting/reloading with friends and family :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. 2_slow_5.0

Fish man you shoot much skeet or trap? I love shooting skeet! I dont do it as much as I use to but been thinking about getting back into it. Bought an electric thrower a few years back and it has not seen much use in the past year or so. Deer hunting has been on the back burner this year to but I have some pics of the year before.

5. TheFishMan

TheFishMan Flamingo Tongue

Yeah we all like to get together and we get kind of competitive when it comes to trap shooting lol ;D

Would be nice to have an electric thrower, we just use one of the spring throwers and hand throwers.

6. samsdb0

samsdb0 Bristle Worm

i enjoy cars and guns

none of my hobbies are cheap, it sucks

7. 2_slow_5.0

Yea I am the same way but mostly with pops. LOL Not many friends of mine can shoot clays very well for some reason.

Hobbies should be cheap since they are fun and not required sadly we get raped on the price for having fun! LOL

8. Click Here!

9. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I built and flew RC planes back in the day (a few years, pretty much during my highschool days), and I've always wanted to fly the real thing. I guess I'm the reverse of bama. But I think I want to jump out of a plane more than I want to fly one...that's definitely going to happen soon. Probably in the fall :)

I'm also a certified Rescue Diver, basically I have my Open Water certification and then some. I've got my own gear, but not very many diving opportunities here, especially when I work in the summer. I hope to fix that soon as well.

I'm a pretty outdoorsy person. I love hiking and backpacking, as well as swimming and doing anything on or in the water. I guided whitewater rafts about 2 years ago as well, and I'm in my college's whitewater paddling club :) Free kayaking rentals (I'm normally found in our yellow Dagger Kingpin 6.2, it's pretty much mine haha. I called dibs right when the university bought it) and a few trips down rivers each semester. It's awesome :) Along with playing around in our olympic sized swimming pool every tuesday night.

I'm also big into freshwater fishing. I'd be more into saltwater (spearfishing is awesome) but I live too far away. Although here in my area, we have tons of freshwater fishing. I clean and cook the fish myself, and I'm saying that because I seem to be the only one in my group of friends that knows how :lol: I love bass and bluegill fishing :) Mainly bass. I grew up learning that it was "bad" to catch and eat bass (largemouth and smallies), because they're supposed to be caught for sport and they "don't taste good". I have since then seen the error of my ways, and these days if it's a fish, and I catch it, and it's big enough...you betcha I'm gonna eat that sucker.

[​IMG]

Those two were from my last outing. It was right in between crappie and everything else season, where the cooler weather and warmer weather were in transition, so I was kinda surprised I even caught these guys. Caught them both crappie fishing using a lure called a Crappie Slider :) They tasted awesome.

10. 2_slow_5.0

Thats awesome I know the land up there is beautiful and if all my family didnt live in Tx that would be one of those places I would consider to move. I am an outdoors type person also which is opposite from my girl but the little one is taking to it like fish in water! LOL Took her fishing a few weeks ago and now thats all I hear.. "Dad lets go fishing" Sad thing is the damn heat in texas will ruin out door activity!

That white water rafting would be sick! Best thing I have to that here is floating a river in a tube! Hahaha....

11. bama

bama Humpback Whale

All of these things right up my lane. Skeet Shooting, I love my over and under. Deer hunting, can't wait to get back into it. Wing Shooting, I got on a lease for this upcoming dove season south of Htown, cant wait to grill up some bacon wrapped dove with jalapeno!

Oh and Tubing. There is nothing better than a few ice cold beers while sitting on the Guadalupe/Frio/Comal/Medina River. Man I missed Texas way too much ;D

12. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I enjoy the outdoors. That being camping, hiking & hopefully backpacking this next summer. :) kayaking & white-water-rafting would be fun, Jwin! I don't fish much, sense I don't like the taste of fish. lol

I like bicycling when it's not too hot here in Ohio.

I have a model train layout. That's been on hold for about a year now. That's another expensive hobby.

I love listening to music & would like to buy a mandolin & learn to play. I have an acoustic guitar, but haven't really used it much. My favorite bands include The Decemberists, Vampire weekend, CAKE, & Flight of the Conchords.

Marine biology is a big interest of mine. I am looking into it as a possible career path.