other expensive hobbies - that we can discuss on a family forum

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by bvb-etf-luva, May 1, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

yep. they're called scratchers, and I hope to see more regulation against these folks... you can't cut someone's HAIR in your house without a license, why should you be able to tattoo without one!?

2. Click Here!

3. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Smoking, Drag racing, and my home- I just wish I had back what I have spent on smokes and cars- wow, what money I would have.

Not to mention chasing of the women in my past life.........;D

4. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

Lol I know I would be good at it, but Im too much into sculpture, I sculpted a friend of mine a nice set of 0 gauges it took six hours each one haha but they were awesome. I do like the idea of someone wearing my art!

5. duoc9119

duoc9119 Coral Banded Shrimp

I used to play tournament paintball. Talk about expensive! :eek: My gun was well over $800, my hopper was $100, tank was $200. Then you have to throw in another $200 for tournament fees, and then buy some $300 worth of paint just to last a day out of a whole week of tournament play, so that's well over $1000 for paint. Then hotel fees and gas.

The worst part is paintball equipment has a very low sell back rating because every company pumps out new gear every year. So I got about $500 for well over $2000 invested into the sport when I sold it all.:-/

6. haloist

haloist Skunk Shrimp

Archery. Super fun & relaxing sport but a little pricey. :)

7. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Computers, gaming, firearms, boating, R/C cars, and electronics.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

8. Click Here!

9. saltyfresh

saltyfresh Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I think I found the only one that will beat reefing
    1-radio control car racing
    2-reefing
    3-?

That dam sport is a money pit at 1,500 a car I have 4 cars and radios and gass and batters and chargers and I have not been doing it for but 3 years. there is guys(more than one) that have 25 foot triple axle trailers for 1/8 scale buggy racing lmao they are not even sponsored hahah most expensive sport hands down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. brew0688

brew0688 Fire Shrimp

I love to SCUBA dive, which is very expensive, I love boating (and my boat has endless troubles) and I love photography.

I' an expensive person to entertain. lol

11. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

That's cool! My wife does sculpture and our roommate teaches metal sculpture at a local university... he's been building furnaces for iron pours... pretty awesome stuff!

To get good at tattooing, you really should apprentice with someone, but it's very hard to find someone willing to take you on...

And the above poster reminded me that I also scuba dive... though I haven't been in a couple years, I love it... got certified when I was 16... it was easier to do back then, when my parents would help me pay for it... now theres a mortgage, bills, etc. and my wife is scared of the ocean! lol.

12. fischkid2

fischkid2 Dirty Filter Sock

My other hobby is THE BUNKER! ok its not really a bunker but its the room that houses all my rifles and sidearms and out doorsy equipment. I've spent a loving ~$13k on rifles and a couple of sidearms not including ammo, safes, and accessories for the weapons. And I've received a few antique rifles as gifts that are my most coveted of possession that i own (1 isn't technically antique but it was used in WWII and i dont fire it but once a year.)
    I actually dont even use any of them that often as "the bunker" is at my vacation house in Wyoming and i live in Chicago (chicago has very strict gun laws): But i love war history along with weapons mechanics and I'm always pushing my accuracy further and further. I'm not big on hunting tho... so go figure..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.