other expensive hobbies - that we can discuss on a family forum

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by bvb-etf-luva, May 1, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tattooedsoul87

tattooedsoul87 Coral Banded Shrimp

my friends got into the gas RC off road trucks. he had alot of property so he made tracks out there for them. that got expensive for certain things. also if u have property the 50cc dirtbikes are really fun. you can buy the bigger shocks and raise the handle bars and put a bigger engine in it if you want so adults can ride them. we were all between 18 and 21 riding thoes things on a short track we made its a blast. but expensive

2. Click Here!

3. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

oh yeah we have lots of bikes that we always ride up on the trails by steamboat. great hobby as well

4. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

The paintball gun is the cheap part, its the $50 in balls every time you go out that gets you.

Hockey has turned out to be my most expensive hobby. $220 every 11 weeks league fees, plus $700 for a new helmet after my concussion, my skates were $350, $140 in sticks so far... and then there is the $30,000 in medical bills from said concussion. ;D

5. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

i have a good friend that plays hockey, hes on an expensive competitive team whos coach is joe sakik

6. gt40425hp

gt40425hp Feather Duster

for me drag racing , guns , amateur radio . i could me a millionaire and still be broke . but im a major diy guy so reefs i build my own lighting fix old tanks off craigslist build my own sumps , guns well i dont diy those but i curve my addiction with only one new gun a year as far as drag racing i build my own engines,transmissions,axls,electrical tune my own suspention amateur radio i build my own antennas only buy new equipment when i cant fix my old ones anymore and i only buy new stuff with the cash i earn reparing others equiment

in the end i make do with some good old fashioned common sence and pationce witch plays well with salt water tanks pationce is a good thing

7. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

my old girlfriend used to drag race, must be expensive but her family is freaking banking. too high maintenance! haha

8. Click Here!

9. benbabcock

benbabcock Bubble Tip Anemone

If ur good at hockey you should applu for canadian citizenship, we love our hockey and get free medical! Oh ya and wifey can be an expensive hobby

10. haugcm2

haugcm2 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

i want an african grey parrot really badly, I feel like that is going to be a pretty costly habit...

11. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

yeah im fortunate enough to not have to deal with all that crap! yet......

12. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Hmm..model ralroading
    Photography
    Bicyling(can get expensive)
    ..those are the main ones.

I had an HO scale train layout about 2 years ago. it was 2 tables together (4X5 foot and an 8 X 3 foot table). I have about 8(NKP, Sanfa Fe, BNSF, CSX) engines from all time periods. Mostly newer diesel engines. But a few are older. I also have an electric cable car and an old coal tender/locomotive. It is from the NKP railroad, where my great-grandfather used to work. I have probably 25 train cars of different kinds...probably 18 different buildings. I have some O scale stuff too.

I still have everything, but I don't have the space for it right now. I may set it up again at a later date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.