other expensive hobbies - that we can discuss on a family forum

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by bvb-etf-luva, May 1, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

Creating a hydrogen car is awesome and congrates to you!

Here are my hobbies,

Family Man (which unfortunately doesnt always come first like it should)
    Video Games
    Coin Collecting
    Photography
    Golf
    Outdoors
    Movies...

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Last warning before I close this thread.

4. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

I have actually seen the first ever built running hydro car and it was awesome but the guy that built it lived in a cave and wouldnt allow pictures to be taken. Its a great idea wish i had the money and time to work on a project like that. How much current do you run through those plates i assume its a fairly large amount and how do they recharge?

5. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Are you running the car strictly on hydrogen or are you just adding the hydrogen into the air intake, and running on gas and hydrogen?

Is the car finished?

I know it takes more energy to split the water molecule than you get by burning the hydrogen so do you plug it in at night to charge the batteries or what?

posted with tapatalk please ignore bad spelling and grammar

6. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

I would like to see this project as well.Your claim is not very specific.Where is this power source coming from for the electricity?How is it regenerating?What kind of amperage are we talking about?Voltage?How are you seperating hydrogen from the cells without pumping your engine full of water?

Inquiring minds want to know.;)

7. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

It runs on hydrogen and fuel. The hydrogen mixes with oxygen and runs in through the air intake. This increases my mpg by up to 20 mpg on a good day. I run 12 volts through the fuel cell. Thats it. If you want to test this on your own just get some distilled water. Put some dish soap in the water and drop a stainless steel plate in and run 12 volts through it. The bubbles it creates are full of hydrogen. Get a match and throw it on the bubbles. STAND BACK! Boom! Reaction is energy used to fuel your car. Will try to explain a little more in depth later today with a few pictures. Anybody can do this. It works and is extremely simple.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

Very nice! I have to wonder though knowing what I know about cars what kind of octane or negitve effects this has on your car because its not tuned for it and i assume hyrdogen runs very hot because of the properties of it? Cant wait to see pictures though and how its actually hooked up :)

10. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

I still don't believe you. I want pictures. And now I want a video of the above demonstration.

:pics: or it didn't happen! ;)

Also, you still haven't mentioned how you collect the hydrogen gas and feed it into the combustion chamber of the car's engine...

11. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

lol so on these 18+ pages we have animals guns cars sound equipment coins photography bomb makers muscians chemists artists mechanics...... whewww and I keep looking for people to do this in my area LOL

mine is reefing, Guns (acctually made my ketucky rifle), hunting ALOT, fishing ALOT, target shooting, wood working (actually suprised no one does this one and yea its unreal at how much they charge), working on trucks chevy mostly (for the cars buffs out there im putting a LT1 engine in a 82 chevy stepside with 38 super swampers, 4 granny trany. and a few other things LOL)

also I dable in the wonderfully expensive hobby of ............. PAYING BILLS!!!!!!! LOL ;D

12. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

You want everything dont ya? Id be more than happy to show the world my design. I will take pictures and explain it but I will not give away exact specifics on how the entire process works. I had help designing and building this and it is not within my rights to give away all the info. Not to mention I might be able to make a profit off this. Anybody with a little know how can build one of these though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.