other expensive hobbies - that we can discuss on a family forum

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by bvb-etf-luva, May 1, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

I believe someone's leg is being pulled here... ::)

2. Click Here!

3. ZepQuarium

ZepQuarium Spaghetti Worm

Good Stuff. Tatoo's and Motorcycles have a lot in common... in the 50's and 60's they were legitimate outlaw stuff... but nowaday's, everyone and their grandma has one...

Just hope they get one's they won't regret...

4. gabbagabbawill

There are worse things to regret than tattoos... like regretting that you didn't have fun and enjoy life while you have one to live. ;)

Having tattoos reminds me of this all the time... it's not about being cool or looking hip... it's about loving life and the people around me. I find that a lot of my friends that are also covered in tattoos feel the same way...

5. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

My expensive other hobby? I have been building a (hydrogen) fueled car. It is fueld by distilled water with stainless plates running side by side. I run electricity through each of them. The electricity reactes with each plate and arcs across the distilled water. This creates hydrogen. Hydrogen is highly explosive and can fuel a car on very small amounts. The by product is water. Pure and simple. The best part??? It works! Make my own distilled water too. If a garage junky like myself can build a hydrogen fueled car then anybody can. Moral of the story.....big oil and our government is ****ing us bad! I will be thinking of all of you this summer when gas is $5 a gallon!

6. gabbagabbawill

:pics: or it didn't happen! ;)

7. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

:pics2:

8. Click Here!

9. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

LOL I love it when you get called out by fellow reefers. Will post pictures tomorrow in the DAYLIGHT. Believe me its not that hard. Google it! People are afraid to try new things it seems. But new things lead to inovation that leads us into the future. The only down side to my car is it takes A LOT of water. Distilled water looses its properties quickly and thus I have to replenish it which means a large fuel tank.

Tell ya what. I will post a complete DIY guide on how to build your own hydrogen fueled car tomorrow. I want to see lots of hydrogen fueled cars come out of this post and then I want to see everybody on here sticking their royal middle finger up to the man (aka big oil) while we drive our vehicles on the most abundant resource known to man.

10. gabbagabbawill

You can post the DIY how-to, but I honestly won't believe you built one until I see it! ;D

11. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Haha that is fine you dont have to believe me if you dont want to. A close friend of mine is a retired engineer for John Deere. He is the one who originally came up with the plans to build a car on hydrogen. Replace the gas in your fuel tank with water, run the water into a reaction chamber made out of stainless steel. Run several stainless plates side by side with distilled water running between them and send electricity through the plates. The plates will arc across the water to eachother and the reaction created makes hydrogen. Allow the gas (hydrogen) to enter the chamber where fuel would react with air, fire (spark plugs), and hydrogen to create a reaction. The reaction is energy that can be used to power a vehicle. The process is very inefficient. It requires a large amount of distilled water. This is why hydrogen has died out in the industry. But it still works.

12. gabbagabbawill

I didn't say I don't WANT to believe you... I just won't until I see it.. ;)

If you really have built this, then good for you.... and yes I'm interested in finding out more about it... SO...

1. how much distilled water are we talking about needing in the tank?

2. What kind of electricity are we talking about needing? How many volts and amps?

3. What do you use to generate this wattage, a simple battery, or other type of power supply?

4. How do you collect the hydrogen created in the process?

5. How do you modify the combustion engine to use hydrogen instead of gasoline?

6. What kind of practical mileage are we talking about? a few miles, or a few hundred before refilling the water tank?

I know enough about motors and electrics that if you can answer these questions with some good info, I'll begin to believe you. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.