Orphek ML-T5 LED - Pics and Prices

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Jun 27, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Here are the latest pics and prices on the new Orphek ML-T5 LEDs. These are T-8 formfactor LED tubes that will fit into T-5 fixtures with included adapter and they have their own power supplies. Pretty cool.

[​IMG]
    Orphek ML-T5 LEDs

They'll come in 24, 36, 48, and 60" options. (~$99, $139, $169, and $199 respectively) As you can see they come with their own power supply and are plug and play ready, and will also fit into existing T-5 fixtures but will require some minor electrical modifications of the existing fixture (instructions will be included).

They will come in a moonlight option (our blue and UV/true violet emitters) and a daylight option (our true 15k white, blue, and UV/true violet Power LED™ emitters). They will emit more PUR than the T5 bulbs they are replacing. Spectrographs, etc are forthcoming.

More:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/orphek-led-lighting/new-orphek-t8-t5-led-tubes-110944.html
    orphek aquarium led lighting

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

These things are pretty neat.

4. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

They seem great! Can't wait for the first to be released so we can see them over tanks.

5. benbabcock

benbabcock Bubble Tip Anemone

Is there an ETA on these? i have some T5's that need bulb changes and these seem like a good option. price aint half bad either!

6. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

These are going to be downright amazing. I don't even run my T5 fixture, and I'm planning on replacing my tubes with these as soon as I can get them!

7. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

thses look cool for sure and looks like it will really help wit hthe whole spotlight issue ;D

8. Click Here!

9. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Neat! I guess it is a waiting game now, until they get released and some specs and graphs are posted. They look pretty easy to use and install.

Sent from my phone using my two opposable digits

10. benbabcock

benbabcock Bubble Tip Anemone

ohhh...any shimmer with these?

11. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Im sure it would be some pretty crazy shimmer. lol

Any pics of these over a tank by any chance? Id love to see what they look like in use. Just a picture of the lights themselves is such a tease...

12. Broaner

Broaner Feather Duster

Amazing! I saw the original thread you posted and have been waiting eagerly since.