ORPHEK LED'S ARE HERE!!!(will be pic heavy)

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by BoBo65, Jul 6, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. duoc9119

duoc9119 Coral Banded Shrimp

What size is your tank? Maybe I missed it! Haha Loving the lights. Definitely going to go with 2 for my 40 Breeder! I was just about to post a thread asking for PR-25 pictures and setups as well. Going to go with track lighting for sure and build like a "floating" canopy to match the stand that hasn't been started. Haha

Keep posing updates on the lights to keep me interested in keeping my mind set on them.

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I don't think he mentioned it in ths threased, but Bobos tank is a 55 gallon.

I saw your post on Orphek's thread and I think 2 pr25s would be great over a 40B mixed reef.

4. duoc9119

Awesome! Haha Maybe selling that JBJ will go towards a bulb so I can mess around with it on my 10 gallon. Finally got an email and now just waiting for when they can come get it.

5. Seano Hermano

Congrats, man...can't wait to see the new lights.

6. duoc9119

Gotta wait for the stand first! ::) I think that is where some of the money will go to. Haha Are there any controllers these bulbs can be used with?

7. Seano Hermano

...used directly with the bulbs? I don't beleive so. But I bet you could get a dimmable pendant/track light to install the bulbs into, which might be able to be controlled from a controller. The pendant/track fixture must say it is dimmable though, otherwise dimming won't work on these bulbs (or any dimmable bulb).

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  8. Click Here!

9. duoc9119

Well they can wait then! Building a stand shouldn't cost too much if I keep it simple

10. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

thanks for answerin the Q's for me Seano haha I was at work all night then hit the gym haha :D but yeah I do have a 55G tank and I think you can use a controller with them, thats something you would have to ask Orphek, I currently only have 2 pr-25's over the 55 and it lights it up very well :) of course the ml-7 and the boost led I have on add some great color as well :D... oh and duoc9119 haha I understand the necesity of a new stand :p I need one badly!!!!

11. duoc9119

Haha yeah I need to get to it but doesn't look like I can start anytime soon. Loans isn't going through fast enough, so I am going to have to pay ~$3000. You figure doing loans online will be instant, not a month.

12. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

ouch yeah a month is a long time, getting any type of loan these days is a pita oh btw guys my third and final PR-25 came in oh and this time I didn't miss the delivery guy haha :D oh and it def makes the tank brighter [​IMG][​IMG]