Order From Reef Empire

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Xiztence, Mar 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Xiztence

Xiztence Gigas Clam

There we go, I knew someone would chime in. Thanx

2. Click Here!

3. DanKistner

DanKistner Coral Banded Shrimp

Thanks WuWu!

4. mcfarrow

mcfarrow Skunk Shrimp

I believe the 400s are mogul sockets, which are not 150w "brighter" than yours. I was shopping for some new lights a bit ago and all my friends told me to not compare the wattage of the two fixtures. I'm no smarty pants and I've only been in this a few years now so it would be nice to get some OGs to clarify.

on a side note, I can't wait for my new frag tank to get up so I can get some more goodies from RE. I just hate building stands for my janky basement. hrm

5. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

Mine arrived around 10am. I was able to take off from work, run home, acclaimate them and get them in the tank and run back to work. I'll get them permanently placed later.

Questions from earlier in the thread:
    What did I get? 1 Zoa, 2 Paly's, 1 Frogspawn, 1 Acro.

All looked pretty good once in the tank. Can't wait to get off work today to see how they look. Will post pictures after work.

M

6. Xiztence

Xiztence Gigas Clam

Alright can't wait ;D (I love pics lol)

7. NASAGeek

NASAGeek Eyelash Blennie

Home from work... and working on pictures.

Check out these at this link... http://www.atamartialarts.biz/Aquarium/PhotoGallery.cfm?PhotoSubDirectory=Acropora&CurrentPhotoDirectory=C:\Websites\90968dda\Aquarium\Photos\\Livestock\Corals

Is it "normal" for corals to come in extremely bleached???

My acropora is WHITE. One picture is the picture from ebay, the other after it had been in the tank for 6 hours but before I expoxy'ed it in its permanent position.

Colors on the paly's are very pale in comparison as well. Frogspawn and zoas are close.

I just moved everything into permanent positions. When they reopen, I'll take pictures and post them.

So, is the bleaching 'normal'?? Is there something that I should do?