Orange spotted Goby Jumped out of Tank

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by dc11648, Sep 24, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

:(

Something is chasing/causing those gobies to jump out...once maybe, twice in a row...:-/

[​IMG]

Water params OK? Agressive tank mate? Any fish will jump if unhappy with conditions --- try different kind of goby.

"Canopy" ?

[​IMG]

::)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  2. Click Here!

3. KOgle

KOgle Zoanthid

Maybe you could put a picture of that shark on the bottom of your canopy? Bet the goby wouldn't jump for that...

I agree though, if nothing in the tank is harrasing the goby then it's probably water parameters. He's just looking for a more comfortable lagoon...

4. volleygirlie2414

volleygirlie2414 Astrea Snail

That's sad...I have seen gobies jump...when they were getting mine out for me to take home he swam from the bottom all the way out of the water!! If they are super active they can jump!!

5. crappyballer

crappyballer Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

my solar wrasse carpet dove last week, tangster mentioned that stray voltage my cause the fish to jump, any new submerged electronics? might want to test for stray voltage with multi meter. or if you don't want to test a 15 dollar probe is well worth the investment anyways.

6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

If you dont have any aggressive fish in there, you can cross that one out. Fish are known to jump out if the params are not where they should be. High levels of amnonia, nitrites or copper are known to make fish jump. And like crappy stated, stray voltage will make fish jump. If you can, try to get a muliti meter and test for it. IMO, I would just buy the rid volt, its an awesome investment.

7. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

Indeed, KOgle...LOL::)

8. Click Here!

9. dc11648

dc11648 Astrea Snail

Gutter guard might be an idea - I have some in the shed. It could tye right over the grate.
    Thank you for the idea.

10. dc11648

dc11648 Astrea Snail

Tested the water again and the only thing off was my calcium - it was 240. Which I understand is fine. I have not seen anyone chaseing the goby. And I'm not sure on placing a lid of plexaglass over the top. I have plenty of air.

11. KOgle

KOgle Zoanthid

If your calcium is at 240 it's WAY too low. Did you mean to type 420? If the calcium really is at 240 then your ph is off and this could be why your goby is jumping...