Orange Plate

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by BaxterS80, May 28, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

Well, here it goes...I have had a Orange Plate Fugia Sp. for almost 9 months and it is has been doing great. It has grown considerably and eats when fed, about 3 times a week. It looked great when I went to bed last night, but when I awoke this morning, about 1/8 of the skeleton was exposed. I am not sure what is going on.
    Parameters,
    Sg. 1.027
    Temp: 78.1(this morning)
    Ammonia: 0
    Nitrites: 0
    Nitrates: 5 ppm
    Calcium: 410
    Alk:8.6
    Ph.: 8.4

I also lost a open brain last week...

I went away on business last week and while I was away we lost power for about an hour. Everything came back on, although, out light timer is now off by an hour..

Help!!!

BTW, everything else in the tank is doing great. They include leathers, xenia, anthelia, zoas, buttons, bubble, blastomussa, Orange Montipora(Wow, has this grown. About 20x the size of when we picked them up. They are nearly a 10 inches across), pagoda, and another plate)

2. Click Here!

3. deepbluesea

deepbluesea Astrea Snail

fungia are sensitive to the toxins of leather corals. if you are having a hard time keeping lps in the tank try running activated reef carbon for three to four days a month if you already arent doing so.hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  4. BaxterS80

That's what it is, the the plate had moved directly under a very large toadstool...Ughh...Do you think it will grow back? Thanks, man...

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I've been having the same problem and it started around the same time I got a Toadstool. I'll have to buy some fresh carbon. Thanks Luna

6. BaxterS80

As soon as I get home this evening I am going to start running carbon...Thanks, again....8)

7. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Does this go for all leathers?

8. Click Here!

9. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Deepbluesea is the reason my tank does as well as it has.... He's my fish dealer as my wife puts... He's a wealth of knowledge and eager to help..... Only thing is he's so busy he's not on much....

10. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

baugherb, what part of ohio are u in? Does deep blue sea have a fish store near u?