ora red planet

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Dingo, Sep 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Matt, when mine bleached it turned a light tan color, and has stayed pretty tan since. Over the last week the polyps are finally starting to turn more red, and the base is darkening to a more green.red brown color.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Cool. I hope the section I glued does the same. It's encrusting on the rock so I am not that worried about it. Just did a water test last night and I have better numbers now than I have had since pre-water change. Alk 4.23 and cal 400. Mag is up there. Things look good overall.

4. Dr. Reefenstein

Dr. Reefenstein Fire Shrimp

[​IMG] P9030002.jpg (4 of 4)

Here is mine.. I have only had it about 3 1/2 weeks, I keep it half way up and it gets pretty good flow.. BTW I have T5's... I'm already getting some new growth... Color has not changed at all...... yet

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

@Matt I did move mine down considerably. I'm running T-5s as well and with only 4 bulbs was thinking in my noobness that I would need it up high, and didn't light acclimate so yeah, i messed up. Even bleached I got good PE and encrusting, its getting ready to explode hopefully. Getting my alk back up helped too!

6. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

Where can i get one of these guys?

7. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

Well it was released by ORA a few years ago so it's fairly common. You might want to try any locals first, if not then you can always find it online somewhere.